Rudi Hartono

by Evan from Jombang, Indonesia

it's a Rudi Hartono picture (in google picture)

Maybe you will ask me why I choose Rudi Hartono as my hero. I choose him because he's very cool. He brought Indonesia's name to the World Championship of badminton. His full name is Rudi Hartono Kurniawan. He was born at Surabaya on August 18th, 1949. His wife's name is Jane Anwar. He has two children. Their names are Christopher Kurniawan and Christine Kurniawan. Now he lives in Taman Radio Dalam I/6, Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta Selatan.

He has many achievements in badminton championships. Because of that, he became the icon of the Indonesian Championship. He won the All England Championship eight times. In 1968 he beat Tan Aik Huang from Malaysia, in 1969 he beat Darmadi from Indonesia, in 1970 he beat Svend Pri from Denmark, in 1971 he beat Mulyadi, in 1972 he beat Svend Pri again, in 1973 he beat Christian from Indonesia, in 1974 he beat Punch Gunalan from Malaysia and in 1976 he beat liem Swie King from Indonesia. He was also a champion with the Indonesian Team in the Thomas Cup in 1970, 1973, 1976 and 1979. Other than that, he was also able to win the Japan Open in 1981, and to become the world champ in 1980.

Isn't he amazing? After looking at all of his achievements, I admire him. That's why I choose him as my hero and not other people. That's all about my hero, Thank You.

Badminton Books - for more about this exciting sport
Badminton Planet - news and photos