Inventor

Henry Ford

by Paul Bokelman from San Diego, California in United States

Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success. - Henry Ford

Henry Ford

133406commons.wikimedia.org - "Mr. and Mrs. Ford in his first carnot listed [Public domain]Henry Ford a titan of the automobile industry changed the people and the industry for the better by inspiring others to follow in his footsteps. Although he was a titan of the automobile industry he inspired others. Henry Ford was an automobile executive that revolutionized the automobile industry. He owned Ford a massive automobile industry today. Henry Ford’s company “Ford Motor Company” was founded on June 16, 1903, in Michigan, Detroit, and still continues to grow. Along with owning a titan of a company Henry Ford had many heroes defining traits. Henry Ford was more than a man that owned a massive company. He inspired other industrialists to grow the automobile industry with his determination and his perseverance.

133404commons.wikimedia.org - "Henry Ford Portrait"Hartsook, photographer. [Public domain]Henry Ford was an industrial hero due to his constant determination in the company and his faith to run it. This particular source includes the following quote, He is regarded as one of the great industrialists and automobile innovators of the twentieth century. Ford was also a generous philanthropist. His legacy and the company he founded remain influential in the twenty-first century.” (Gale Encyclopedia 4) Henry Ford was a hero because of his determination and he revolutionized the automobile industry in the twentieth century. This made him a hero because his innovative efforts created and inspired other companies to rival his creations and make bigger and better automobiles used for the public. Also “Ford” (Company created by Henry Ford) is one of the largest car manufacturers today and sold 209,248 Ford automobiles in 12/2018.  Another quote from a different source shows that Henry Ford was a man of determination, “Henry Ford (July 30, 1863, to April 7, 1947) was an American automobile manufacturer who created the Model T in 1908 and went on to develop the assembly line mode of production, which revolutionized the industry.”(A&E Television Networks) Through his determination, Henry Ford crafted an important automobile company which made him a hero because his company and creations within the company led to revolutionizing the automobile industry for the greater. Due to his determination in the field, he succeeded and helped other industrialists.

Henry Ford was a revolutionary and important member in the industrial industry due to his solid perseverance throughout his lifetime. We see his perseverance through this quote, “His legacy and the company he founded remain influential in the twenty-first century.” (Gale Encyclopedia 6) Throughout his perseverance, he not only created a massive company that supplies the world with automobiles but he and his company also inspired and spurred light in other companies to create their own automobiles, in turn creating all of the mass producing automobile companies we have today.   In addition, “As a result, Ford sold millions of cars and became a world-famous business leader. The company lost its market dominance but had a lasting impact on other technological development and on U.S. infrastructure. Today, Henry Ford is credited for helping to build America's economy during the nation's vulnerable early years and is considered one of America's leading businessmen.”(A&E Television Networks) Henry Ford changed the world by selling millions of automobiles to the general public and thus intensity impacting technological development many companies and ways of thinking along with changing the important infrastructure in the U.S for the better. On top of all this is he was heavily involved in building and helping America's economy during hard times during the nations lifetime. Because of his constant perseverance throughout his life, he created a massive industrial company that revolutionized the world for the better.

From the multiple pieces of evidence from the sources, we can see that Henry Ford was a man of determination and perseverance. Henry Ford revolutionized the automobile industry with his determination and perseverance. Henry Ford was a massive inspiration and leader in the industrial age by creating the first automobile assembly line and revolutionary automobiles. Without the determination and perseverance of Henry Ford, the entire automobile industry wouldn’t be the same today.

Works Consulted

Bekker, Henk. “2018 (Full Year) USA: Ford Sales - America's Favorite Car Brand.” Car Sales Statistics, 4 Jan. 2019,

www.best-selling-cars.com/usa/2018-full-year-usa-ford-sales-americas-favorite-car-brand/.

Britannica, The Editors of Encyclopaedia. “Henry Ford, I.” Encyclopædia Britannica, Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc., 25 Sept. 2018,

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Henry-Ford.

Biographics, Simon Whistler, director. Henry Ford: The Complicated Captain of Industry. YouTube, Biographics, 8 Mar. 2019,

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhP-HdZJkIY.

“Henry Ford.” Biography.com, A&E Networks Television, 15 Apr. 2019, www.biography.com/business-figure/henry-ford.

"Henry Ford." Gale Encyclopedia of U.S. Economic History, edited by Thomas Carson and Mary Bonk, Gale, 1999. Biography In Context,

https://link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/K1667000059/BIC?u=powa9245&sid=BIC&xid=55c6c75f. Accessed 26 Apr. 2019.

Car Sales Statistics - All ford car sales stats
Henry Ford, I - Britannica information on Henry Ford the I
The Complicated Captain of Industry - Simon Whistler, information of Henry Ford