Muhammad Ali

by Riese from Colorado

(www.limelightagency.com)
(www.limelightagency.com)

Muhammad Ali has inspired many people with his legendary spirit and bravery. He was a hero because he never quit working. Ali stood up against opponents and he did this with no support from anyone.

(www.art.com)
(www.art.com)

He proved his work ethic on February 25, 1964. He fought Joe Frazier, an opponent that was the Mike Tyson of the time. Ali pounded down hard with incredible intensity and won the match in 8 long rounds. Ali had practiced boxing in any method he could before and after that match so he could become better. Ali pulled himself together in every match and situation. Ali never stopped working.

Ali stood up against his opponents with amazing power and speed. When Ali fought, he wore out the opponent then came in full strength to beat them down. He had a spirit that could break down a steel wall. Ali didn’t hope he would win, he KNEW he would win. This lead to a life of boxing with true heart.

(espn.go.com)
(espn.go.com)

Ali had no support from others, but that didn’t stop him. Ali had a manager that didn’t believe in him. Ali made himself win. He had to water himself and rest himself, but that didn’t stop him from winning.

Ali was a lone man but that fueled him to hit harder.

Ali is my hero because he fought the odds not only opponents. Ali never quit.

The Time 100 - Read more about hero Muhammad Ali in this Time profile.
Muhammad Ali's Official Web Site

Unknown, Unknown. The Lincoln Library Of Sports Champions #1. U.S.A.: Frontier Press Company, 1989.