Mothers from Our Guestbook

Veronica Harvilic from Sutton, West Virginia, USA:

Jody Harvilic is my mother and also my hero. She has stuck with me even when I am being a pain.

Emily Goldsburg from Frametown, West Virginia, United States

My mother is my hero because she works hard and takes care of her family.

DeAnna Bollinger from Gassaway, West Virginia, United States.

My mother is my hero because she has raised my brother and me on her own. She has taught us right from wrong and how to stand up for ourselves. I respect and love my mother with all of my heart.

Ashley Shaver from Flatwoods, West Virginia, United States

My mother is my hero because she would do anything for me and our family. She knows how to listen as well as how to teach and how to be a good friend when you need her.

Anita Linn from Santa Barbara, California, USA

My hero is Laura Rasmussen. Laura moved to our community from New York. She got involved in our neighborhood and quietly worked behind the scenes to help create a new 70-acre natural park on the coastline of Santa Barbara (WILCOX PROPERTY). She is an unsung hero.

Robyn Ruth from Sharon, PA, USA

My mother is my hero because she nursed me back to health for the first 10 years of my life. I had asthma very badly and she never tired of being there for me.

Mary Grace Carson from Sutton, West Virginia, United States of America

My Grandma is my hero because she is a wonderful person. She is the most loving and understanding person in the world.

Carmela Federico from Los Angeles, California, USA

My cousin Camille is my hero! She lost both her parents by the time she was 16, but nevertheless finished high school and college, and kept her heart open to love. When her 5-year-old son died of a rare form of cancer (Raboid's syndrome), she chose not to despair. Instead, she began a foundation (David's Wishing Star Fund) that helps ill children and their families in many ways throughout Westchester and nearby regions of New York and New Jersey. She also is the mother of a delightful new boy, who is now 5 months old. Throughout the whole ordeal, she was an inspirational model of grace, courage and maturity. Should anyone want more information about David's Wishing Star Fund, contact me at [email protected].

D.J. Spanfellner from Toledo, Ohio, United States

My hero is my mother. She has overcome many difficult obstacles in her life and in the process made everyone around her a stronger person.

Nathan Teal from Juneau, Alaska U.S.A.

My hero is my Aunt Jane because she is kind and she is a pilot. Not many women are pilots. I am proud of her and I want to be a pilot someday too.

Steven Peterson from Juneau, Alaska, U.S.A.

My heroes are my mom and dad. They supply my food and water. They love me and care for me. They put a roof over my head.

Tally Teal from Juneau, Alaska, U.S.A.

My hero is my Aunt Jane because she is a pilot. She flies MD-80s for American Airlines. Not too many women are pilots.

Steve Kendall from Arlington, Virginia, USA

My hero is my mother. My mother took on two eight-hour jobs while I was in high school in an effort to provide for me. She made numerous other sacrifices over the years so that her youngest child would be well prepared for college.

Jason Cherry from Modesto, California, United States

My heroes are Mom, Dad and my Sister because they take care of me very well. They are the best family in the whole wide world and I would like to thank them very much. I love you guys very much.

David Alberg from Modesto, CA, US

My heroes are Mom and Dad because they take care of me.

Mary L. Sanders from Newark, New Jersey USA

My hero is my grandmother. She raised five grandchildren and she never had a full time job. We always had nice clothes and plenty of food to eat. She's my hero forever.

Molly Fitzpatrick from Bay St. Louis, Mississippi, USA

Oseola McCarty is my hero because she gave away money that she could have spent on herself. She gave all her money so that kids could go to college, even though she never went to college herself.

Beth O'Connell from Aurora, Colorado, USA

My hero is my mom, Leslie O'Connell. My mom is my hero because she is always there for me.

DANIELLE BINFORD from ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA, U.S.A.

My hero is my mom. She saved me from drowning at the pool. She taught me how to type. She loves me. She listens to me when I want to tell her stuff. She loves me and I love her too!

Janice Nickerson from Holyoke, Massachusetts, USA

Jackie Melnick is my hero because of her undying dedication to teaching music to inner city children through a program that's part of "Musicorda," a stringed instrument group founded by Jackie and her husband, Terry. Talented children are supported by scholarships and placed in advanced music programs. Most of these kids would never get a chance to try their talents without Jackie.

Riley from Laguna Beach, Ca., U.S.A.

My heroes are Mom and Babe Ruth.

Return to Mother Heroes

Here's a compilation of entries from our guestbook. Some of the women honored are relatives and others are public figures. Each is a special hero to our visitors from around the world.