Captain James J. Corrigan, Philip T. Hayes, William Wren

by Canadian Buff from Sarnia

FDNY
FDNY

I will never forget… “United We Stand”

May God Bless those who lost loved ones. I am a 23 year old single mother from Canada. Ever since I can remember I have had the greatest respect for firefighters and police. I know in my heart if anything ever happened here in Sarnia like in New York on September 11th 2001, that the firefighters would be just as brave as all the firefighters in New York. I have worked in daycare for 9 years now and teach children to honor and respect these brave men and women from a early age. It takes a very special person to do what they do. I know without them we would of lost a lot more friends and loved ones than we did on that horrible day.. My heart and prayers go out to anyone who lost loved ones.

In the past month I have learned that three retired firefighters who volunteered out of love for New York saved children from a daycare in the WTC. Then went back into the WTC to save more lives, they gave their own in doing so. I have also learned these men are not being honoured on the “Wall of Honor”.

I am writing to MY HERO in hopes that the Mayor of New York City and others will help make sure that these brave men will be honored along with all the others...

We all think they should have been honored two years ago with the rest of their fallen brothers. How could they not be honored for their strength, bravery, unselfishness and dedication? They all spent over 20 years firefighting in NYC. They were all brothers, They all paid their dues, They are all heroes!! All firefighters do their job not for the pay check but for the passion they hold inside of themselves. I think and pray for these three retired firefighter’s families. How painful it must it be knowing your loved one gave their life for anyone who needed help in the most devastating disaster ever done unto the world, and now they are not being honored and remembered in the proper and more than deserved manner. It must hurt still two years later. I know I am not alone in the way I feel on this delicate matter… there are over 10000 others that feel like I do. We are all wondering who do we turn to for help?? We all want to work together and bring peace and comfort to their families and fellow brothers. Being I love to help other’s in need of love, I wrote a letter in honor of these brave heroes. I’m trying to reach all surviiving firefighters with my love and respect. I want to bring comfort to those who are in need of closure. So they can move on in their lives stronger and more loving. I have sent my letter to many firefighters around the world and we all agree we want to help! We want to support the surviving brothers who feel they are all brothers “retired or not”.

We need the support from people like you. We have no power to make this change, But You have the power to change this, you have the power to make things better for thousands of loved ones and brothers. Please if you could find it in your heart to help work this problem out… I know your kindness would be always remembered and respected. We can do more than just say thank you, we can touch peoples lives with peace, joy, love and support, we can bring what is deserved.

I have included the letter you wrote (I have read all your letters online) when running for mayor and underlined the parts that make me believe you are the one that holds the power within to fix this, bring comfort and closure to many, and “leave your mark” as mayor in a very big way. You can make 2004 a year to remember.

FDNY
FDNY

In September of 2001, Michael Bloomberg wrote an article called This is America and we are New York! in it he honored those lost in the tragedy of 911...."...Twelve days ago New York suffered the ultimate atrocity. Over 6,000 of our co-workers, friends and loved ones were taken from us. And close to 400 firefighters, police officers and health/safety personnel gave their own lives so others might live. What can one say through the tears, other than thank you, we miss you, we will do for your families what you would have done, we will carry on, we will not forget?....

Nothing however will bring back those we lost last week. For their sakes -- as a real memorial to them -- we must quickly, forcefully, openly and methodically show the world terrorism has not won. We must rebuild our buildings, our businesses, and to the extent possible, our lives. Democracy is stronger than any assassin, and our compassion too great not to help those left behind.

I urge all of you to open your hearts, volunteer your time, provide your financial support to all in need here in our great city....

It is about consoling families on the loss of a loved one, and explaining to them no one dies in vain. It's about passion, and compassion, those that can help and those that need help. It is about dealing with tragedy and calamity, and working toward a better world yet to come.

William Wren<br>
William Wren

Mr. Bloomberg if you can write like me, full of love and passion… I know you have the power within you to help and do the right thing. Please help us bring to these brave men and women what is well deserved.

Now this is my letter that has touched many firefighters all around the world with my love and respect. I put in to words how they are all feeling. I get the most beautiful feelings knowing I am doing my part. It is very comforting to me. I feel safe knowing there are still brave men and women around to protect us from anything that may come our way. I will always show my appreciation for to these brave firefighters. I will never forget. “United We Stand”

Philip Hayes<br>
Philip Hayes

To whom this may concern,

I’m a 23 year old single mother of two young children whom I adore. I live in Sarnia, Ontario Canada. I work as a program supervisor (lower income families) for children’s programs, in which I have the privilege in teaching them from a young age how to love and respect other’s. I teach my children and many other children to respect and honor police and firemen, for it takes a special person to do what they do. So many times the policemen and firemen have kindly invited us for tours and offered information about what they do and tips on fire safety, when we are have career week. I have seen 10 out of 25 children choose to want to be a fireman when they grow up. It is amazing to see they have the will and dreams to become very special, brave, caring people. Like all the kind firefighters I have encountered in my life. I feel great comfort knowing that I have taught some children already how to be loving and kind. My biggest goal in life has been to be a good person and help others in need.

Helping anyone go through what I went through is the best gift I could ever give. Sharing my experiences and how to cope with the bad ones has been a strength of mine for many years. Making them feel loved and special is a great blessing and gift of mine. I am a survivor of many kinds of abuse. Whenever something bad happened in my life, I would always say everything happens for a reason and that it would only make me stronger. When I feel weak I put my faith into my local police officers and firemen, that they will keep my children and I safe from any harm that may come our way. I have faith they will do whatever it takes to keep my children and I safe when needed and all the while inspire us to be more like them. Loving, caring, strong, brave, special helpful people. I have faith they will be there NO MATTER WHAT!!! THEY ARE ALL SO SPECIAL!

Because I know how very special they really are. On my own personal time I make the local firemen gifts and cookies to show them my appreciation and make sure they know their kindness will always be remembered. That they will always be in my hearts and prayers. I do not live in New York however firemen are all the same to me and I have great respect for anyone who risk their own lives to protect other‘s. I have firemen friends from all around the world and we all agree, all the men and women who stayed strong and ran to help others in the most evil attack (September 11th 2001) on New York and the world should / will be respected, honored and remembered by everyone. It is now our job to make sure they are treated like the hero’s that they have proved themselves to be. Way beyond just telling them thank you and that they are special. They deserve more than anyone could ever give them. They deserve to be remembered forever. They should be remembered as hero’s in our children’s history classes. I will do my part to make sure this happens. Just like I spread the word of God, I spread the word of how special these brave firemen really are. I know I can never give back half as much as what they have done for us, but I can try to touch them all the way from Canada with my love and respect. I pray for love to fill their soul, to help ease some of their pain and suffering, that bad evil experiences can and will leave in a persons mind…FOREVER.

I may only be a young single mother from Canada, however I have power to fight for what is right, and be apart of bringing them what they deserve. To all those who think they do not deserve the title and respect of “hero”. Please take into account these firemen have witnessed and experienced evil in a way that will change a person's spirit forever. They will always remember the fear and devastation of this horrible tragedy. It will live on in their minds forever. This is called post traumatic stress, and it is just as evil, it slowly destroys a person’s faith and spirit. I know this from my own experience( that will never compare to what these firefighter’s have endured). Most people can/will never understand. Most doctors still know little about it. So it is hard for people to understand and help anyone suffering with PTSD. From my own experience with PTSD it is like living with evil forever, memories playing over and over in your mind. If not treated or understood it can damage your spirit and soul. When you experience something so hurtful and evil, it lives on within you for life. You carry it around with you even when you try and fight it. My heart aches for any firefighters that are still suffering form this awful disorder. They need and deserve respect, love and support from everyone around the world. They are survivors of the most devastating disaster. When everyone ran away, these brave men ran into this evil to help anyone in need. They witnessed and experienced more than any of us could ever imagine. People sometimes forget that firemen are only human too, and still they need our love and prayers more than anything. They now need a helping hand to fight flash backs that live on within them. We need to help them in their time of need. We need to help make them feel comfort in knowing we all are more than grateful for their heroic deeds. It is our job to show them all we will never forget that they are real hero’s of the world. They have worked hard at achieving their goal to become a firefighter to fight fires, not terriosts. They helped bring comfort and closure to millions of people (like myself) and families around the world. Now they deserve the same love and support. THEY ARE TRUE HEROS!! Never to be forgotten.

A few weeks ago I was blessed with the honor of meeting a very special New York fireman who shared his New York fire department web site with me. In this site I had learned three retired firefighters who worked very hard, were dedicated to firefighting and gave their life to help in this most tragic attack on the united states (NEW YORK). An attack that None of us ever dreamed of, something so evil and sad in all of our lives. I have also learned they are not being honoured in the way they deserve. Some people have made the judgement that they are not special enough to have their name honoured on the “wall of honor for everyone to see, and remember, because they were retired. Which in my opinion these firemen were even more special and deserve more respect for the simple fact that they were not obligated to do it as the line of duty. They did it out of love for others and their great city. These firemen were heaven sent, as angels, out to help and protect others in this time of need. In my eyes, these brave men are more than deserving to have their name to be honored and made sure that no one ever forgets for years to come.

An organization in my home town is putting together a walk way in honour of survivors of abuse. They contacted me and want to engrave my name on one of these stones. They want people to see and remember how special I am to have made it out of abuse as a survivor. For once in many years I have felt 100% at peace with what has happened. I’ve been searching for a comfort zone and feel like this is it. It finally gives me closure, all the while helping others be strong. They made me realize everyone needed me more than I ever imagined. They will remember me for many years to come. They will never forget what I had to endure in order to help other’s. I am a survivor and now will always be remembered for my strength. However I feel bad that I will have something so important given to me. When it’s really these amazing firefighters who deserve to have this done for them. They deserve it way more than I do. I am not a hero who ran into evil offering my soul or life just to help others. I would have been running the other way as fast as I could. They deserve it so much more than me. Something needs to be done about this. I am a survivor of abuse in Sarnia (very small compared to New York) and I am being remembered for it. These firemen are survivors of the worst terrorist attacks ever done onto the world, they must be honoured for their bravery and never be forgotten, for all they did for us. If they find comfort in having these three men recognized with the rest, I feel it is a moral responsibility of all of ours to stand up and help fight for something that is very important to these Heroes.

To those who have made this decision not to include these retired firemen in the wall of honor, please open your hearts and see that the decision not to honor these firefighters is very wrong.... We all were in some pain over this, one way or another. Worse for anyone who lost loved ones or for the firefighters

firemen ran into the evil….

To all the brave firefighters you are all in my heart and prayers. I will never forget. Sending all my love. May God bless you

PLEASE LETS’S ALL SHOW OUR LOVE AND SUPPORT TO THESE FAMILIES AND HEROES…

Canadian Buff

Captain James Corrigan<br>
Captain James Corrigan

James J. Corrigan
Retired Captain
Engine 320

Dad, I know you didn't save lives for medals and honors, but it's the least you deserve for giving your life for the city and people you loved to protect. It's the least we can give you and your unborn grandchildren who will never get to personally know just how great you really were.

Philip T. Hayes
Retired
Firefighter
Engine 217

Captain Walter Hynes
Once a Hero
Now an Angel!
And he’s watching us

William Wren
Retired Firefighter
Ladder 166

"FDNY Retired 9/11 Forgotten Heroes" - This link is were we can do our part . Working together we can show love and support to families and brothers of my three forgotten heroes.
Memorial on Firefighter William Wren on Legacy.com
Pictures of the Forgotten Heroes
more 911 stories on My Hero