Hiromu Arakawa

by Yunung from Taipei in Taiwan

“A lesson without pain is meaningless. For you cannot gain anything without sacrificing something else in return, but once you have overcome it and made it your own...you will gain an irreplaceable fullmetal heart.” 

― Hiromu Arakawa

134599Hiromu arakawa with her mangahttps://womenincomics.fandom.com/wiki/Hiromu_Arakawa

In the era of the commercialization of comics, Hiromu Arakawa is a mangaka who stands out from the others.

Hiromu Arakawa is a Japanese female mangaka who is famous for her juvenile manga. Hiromu Arakawa has both the delicate brushstrokes of women and the style and profound thoughts of juvenile manga. Because of family financial situations, she had to help her family to work before the age of 25. Therefore, Hiromu Arakawa officially made her debut as a mangaka at the age of 26. When she was young, she was influenced by World War II satirical mangaka TAKAMIZ‧AWA, and Takahashi Rumiko's comics Urusei Yatsura. So she began to study painting herself and was determined to become a mangaka. In 2001, she submitted a manuscript of FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST BROTHERHOOD, and a legend belonging to Hiromu Arakawa began. Many of Hiromu Arakawa's stories come from real life, such as the exchange of equivalence and the weak are the prey of the strong, which comes from her experience in farming. If you don't make sacrifice, you won't get it. If you want to get something, you have to pay a price. This constantly appears in Hiromu Arakawa's comics. At the end of the 27th episode, FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST BROTHERHOOD reached a sales volume of 61 million copies! By the way, Silver Spoon is another work of hers that fascinates me.

134635The cow is Hiromu Arakawaˊs representativehttps://cartoon.mthai.com/news/58658.html

So what made me so impressed with these two works?

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST BROTHERHOOD is a juvenile manga. Every character in the inside has an obvious character, persistence, and belief. This is not an easy task. Many of the supporting characters in the comics are often forgotten in the blink of an eye. The deaths of each of the seven sins are related to themselves, like Gluttony swallowed everything, but was swallowed by others in the end. Lust died in the fire; it's like the fire of lust is so strong that it consumes the body. There is also a very important event in the story, that is, the massacre of Ishwar. It connect all the story.

Then come Silver Spoon. Unlike the fantasy theme of FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST BROTHERHOOD, she painted the agricultural life she is most familiar with. Agricultural high school far from home is not an imaginary paradise. It is a fact that livestock are born to become food. It is a fact that the children of the farmer should consider inheriting the family business and not be able to do whatever they want. It is also true that every teenager who loves baseball has to go to Koshien. This is the reality we have encountered and the reality that contradicts the dream. However, the character does not choose to escape, but faces the difficulty.

Finally, I want to convey to you through these two comics, is life not like alchemy? Just like Hiromu Arakawa, in her hard work she continues to draw comics while she is pregnant, and she has the perseverance of the farmer to endure the pain and realize her dreams. Everyone can do it like her, but you need to try first. Although the reality is not like that in comics, there will be always gains in efforts. Anyway, what we can do is do our best!

134600《Silver spoon》&《FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST BROTHERHOOD》https://www.themarysue.com/hiromu-arakawas-fma-part-2/