ORGANIZER

In Progress Films

Watch films from In Progress, an organization that works with developing artists of all ages and provides opportunities for artists to develop their skills as digital storytellers and leaders through the use of photography, video, and music.

www.in-progress.org

This small non-profit has been promoting the voices of new and emerging artists since its inception in 1996, breaking down barriers of geography, class, education, and culture in the process. It emerged from a series of youth-based workshops where, ‘the youth became adults, became artists, and were looking for ways to continue making and connecting.’  Today, In Progress works with approximately 1500 artists annually and reaches tens of thousands through exhibitions and screenings. 

"Racism Must Stop" Wins the MY HERO International Film Festival 2022 Dan Eldon Youth Activist Award

Racism Must Stop

Azomali Obisakin | In-Progress
A documentary short exploring the impact of racism on the lives of children and adults.

At the 2021 MY HERO Film Festival, Four In Progress films were honored with awards:

'8 Minutes and 46 Seconds' won the Dan Eldon Youth Activist Award, 'As An Asthmatic' won the WOJ Youth Reporter Award, '5400 Children' came 1st place in the High School Experimental category and 'Love Can Heal Us All' placed first in the Elementary category.

8 Minutes and 46 Seconds

Angel Miracle Espericueta
A video poem dedicated to the memory of George Floyd and those that stood up in protest against his murder by police.

As An Asthmatic

Alayna DeGraef, Elise DeGraef, and Bailey Revering | In-Progress
A video short about the impact of vaping on youth.

5400 Children

Morgen Arguelles
A strong statement about child separation at the U.S. / Mexico border and its impact on knowledgeable youth that are watching its government's policies in action.

Love Can Heal Us All

Azomali Obisakin
A young person states her case that love above all else is a healing force. This documentary includes interviews with parents and kids and reflects on how acting consciously in love is good for all.

Good Medicine

Animikiikaakwezenz, Babaamaashikwens, Bezhigo Binesiikwens, Nigigoonsikwe, Wacha...
The traditions that surround girls and their dance regalia and the process of learning how to dance.

Miigo Ezhi Beshigoyaan Dibishkoo Gidakiiminaan (I Am One With The Land)

Agwajiing Gwiiwizens Beauliieu, Waaban Beaulieu, Aabinoojiinh Headbird, Ondaanim...
This short acts as a message to young people about the importance of staying connected to the land, the language, cultural practices and elders.