International Day of Education: January 24

2022 Theme is Changing Course, Transforming Education.

MY HERO STORIES CELEBRATING EDUCATORS

Dr. Sakena Yacoobi, Hero and ‘Mother of Afghan Education’

By: Abigail Richardson

Pakistani Teacher Humaira Asif Awarded MY HERO Outstanding Educator Award

By: Deborah Neff, MY HERO Staff writer
Pakistani Teacher Humaira Asif Awarded MY HERO Outstanding Educator Award for her work with students and MY HERO.

Pashtana Durrani

By: Deborah Neff
Pashtana Durrani, who received the Malala Fund Education Champion award for her work on behalf of education for Afghan girls, is determined to continue providing educational opportunities for women and girls, even if she has to resist the Taliban and go underground.

Techo and Techo para Aprender

By: Annie Merkley
Techo and Techo para Aprender are nonprofits in Chile that help empower impoverished communities through leadership, housing and education.

Iqra - Read (A Prayer for the Girls of Afghanistan and Pakistan)

Producer: Fauzia Minallah
This film promotes the education of the girl child in Afghanistan and Pakistan through Mural Art.

Japan Art Mile

Producer: Cheikh Seck
Atsuku Shiraku shares her enthusiasm for global peace through collaborative art murals.

Dina Fesler opens a unique school in Afghanistan

By: David Conrads <br> Contributor of The Christian Science Monitor<br> <h5>Perm...
Dina Fesler went to Afghanistan to learn how to teach U.S. students about the country. Now she's opened a school there.

Yasmine Sherif

Yasmine Sherif: Winner of the 2020 Global Educator Award

By: Shannon Luders-Manuel
Yasmine Sherif, who leads Education Cannot Wait, is the winner of MY HERO's 2020 Global Educator Award.

Yasmine Sherif Global Educator Award Winner

Kitty Richardson
Congratulations to Yasmine Sherif, the Director of Education Cannot Wait and the winner of the 2020 Global Educator Award.

The Case for Humanity: An Extraordinary Session

By: Yasmine Sherif

Yasmine Sherif - 2020 Global Educator Award Zoom Presentation

Jeanne Meyers, Wendy Milette
Global Educator Award Yasmine Sherif, Director of UN Global Fund ECW

MORE AWARD-WINNING EDUCATORS

Global Educator Award Winners

By: Wendy Milette
Honoring leaders in Global Education

Goldman Environmental Prize Wins MY HERO Media Award

By: Deborah Neff, MY HERO Staff writer
Goldman Environmental Prize is awarded Media Award at the MY HERO 17th Annual Film Festival

The Goldman Environmental Prize

The Goldman Environmental Prize
2021 MEDIA AWARD WINNER - The Goldman Environmental Prize is the world's foremost award honoring grassroots environmental activists

2021 Global Educator Award - Frances Moore Lappé & Anna Blythe Lappé

Produced by:The MY HERO Project
Learn about Frances Moore Lappé & Anna Blythe Lappé in this video celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Book Diet for a Small Planet.

Frances Moore Lappé (Lappe)

By: Rosemary Pritzker
Hero Frances Moore Lappe is a passionate and pioneering thinker and activist who fights world hunger.

Frances Moore Lappé’s Diet for a Small Planet Celebrates 50th Anniversary

By: Deborah Neff, MY HERO Staff writer
Frances Moore Lappé’s Diet for a Small Planet Celebrates 50th Anniversary with new edition.

Eva Haller Salon - Frances Moore Lappé

Eva Haller

From Child Soldier to Human Rights Activist - Mohamed Sidibay on his Heroes - Kailash Satyarthi and the Dalai Lama

By: Mohamed Sidibay
A former child soldier from Sierra Leone, Mohamed is now a human rights activist who is fighting for quality education for all regardless of national origin or gender.

Eva Haller Salon with Mohamed Sidibay

Produced by:Eva Haller

Yasmine Sherif in Conversation with Mohamed Sidibay - Eva Haller Salon

The MY HERO Project for Eva Haller Salon Series - Edited by Katie Graubart

Samar Minallah Khan

By: Abigail Richardson
Samar is a filmmaker, anthropologist and activist. In the media, she has been referred to as ‘The Savior of Souls,’ one of the ‘Women who rock the world,’ ‘The Crusader with the Camera’ and the ‘Women that changed Pakistan.’

Samar Minallah Khan Wins 2 Prestigious Awards at Festival

By: Abigail Richardson

Related Pages

Learning Circle

By: Laura Nietzer
A Place for Educators to Learn About the MY HERO Learning Circle Partnership with iEARN

Learn about MY HERO's Teachers Room with Learning Circle Director Laura Nietzer

The MY HERO Project
Laura Nietzer gives tips on how to use the Teacher's Room Resources to bring classrooms to life. Laura is available to mentor teachers as they integrate MY HERO with their classes.

Organizer created on 1/25/2021 5:39:10 PM by Xenia Shin

Last edited 1/24/2022 5:34:34 AM by Abigail Richardson