Ion Creanga

by Turcan Vasile from Cuizăuca in Moldova

117952Ion Creangă1I like literature so much and I read a lot of books every day. My favourite writer is Ion Creanga. He was a Moldavian, later Romanian writer, raconteur and schoolteacher. He was one of the most important figures in Romanian literature in 19 century and his masterpiece is Childhood Memories volume, also Creanga has a lot of stories, and his many anecdotes. His best fairy tales are:"The Story of the Pig", "The Goat and Her Three Kids", "The Mother with Three Daughters-in-Law", "The Old Man's Daughter and the Old Woman's Daughter". Ion Creanga is a mixture of stories inspired from folklore sources and the best rural humour.

This writer is very interesting for me because he always used an specifical language. Creanga used very interesting archaism that makes his books original and so interesting for all people

The best known book of this writer is Childhood Memories. "This masterpiece offers an "in-depth account of Ion Creangă's early life in what was then the state of Moldavia, with much insight into the social landscape of his childhood universe, describing relationships between its hero, mainly referred to with his hypocorism and patronymic Nică al lui Ștefan a Petrei " In this book, Creanga described his childhood in Targu Neamt, Iasi and Falticeni with specifical relationships with his classmates, parents and other people from these village and cities." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childhood_Memories_(book))

Another important page in his biography was friendship with the best Romanian poet Mihai Eminescu. He met Eminescu when this poet was auditor in Falticeni and Iasi. Between 1875 and 1883 Creanga wrote the most important books thanks to his friend, Eminescu.

For me this writer is the best because he is one of the most talented personalities from my country. Also he wrote about our national traditions, customs and about Moldavian and Romanian folklore. Moreover, his fairytales are very interesting for children, but sometimes adults also can understand something useful from these books. Finally, I want to say that I will love this author all my life.

Biografy - Other facts about this author