Irena Sendler

by Jailyn from United States

Imagine having to watch peoples lives pass and not being able to do anything. Could you go through with it?  Irena didn't go through with it, she took action which made her one of the biggest heroes of World War 1. All of the things she went through to get where she was with her achievement played a role.  This includes the struggles she had at times, her achievements, and her characteristics to get her through it. 

Irena Sendlers life started out normal, built up for her to accomplish her goal.  It all started out when she was born on February 10, 1910, in Otwock, Poland.  From then on, Irena Sendlers father became a Polish socialist.  Irena Sendler, most of her days watched her father help and shelter the Jews.  After her childhood, Irena Sendler became a humanitarian

Irena Sendler though still had some struggles in her life to finish her goal.  It was difficult enough to find families to put their child's life at risk but it only got harder.  Once she had a child she had to keep them safe and away from the Nazis.  When later she was discovered the actions she was doing, she had gotten beat but later was bailed out by a friend.  After that, she went into hiding continuing trying to get More Jewish children out of the Warsaw Ghetto

118772Irena Sendler saves kidshttps://www.stayathomemum.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/thewomenseye.com-2.jpg  Irena Sendler had accomplished quite some things through her life time.  She had put in an efficient organization to rescue children.  With doing that she managed to save 2,500 children from the Holocaust.  For the actions of Irena Sendler she was awarded which one of them was the Nobel Peace Prize

Irena Sendler had quite a personality to go out and do what she did.  Irena Sendler was both courageous, caring, and thoughtful.  Courageous because she risked her life to save others.  She was also caring because she put others before herself.  Irena Sendler was thoughtful because even after the war she found the kids identities and families! 

" You see a man drowning, you must try to save him even if you cannot swim," she said.  Irena Sendler was a lifesaver because it took a courageous heart to pull off this.  She would Holocaust save others than herself and showed that when she saved 2500 Jews from the Holocaust.  Irena Sendler is a hero because of how she decided to use her life. She inspires people like me to be brave during times when people are in need so we can help them. 

team, auschwitz. Irena Sendler. [Online] Available http://www.auschwitz.dk/sendler.htm.

team, Wikipedia. Irena Sendler. [Online] Available https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irena_Sendler.