Inventor

Isaac Newton

by Caleb Chorney from RancheView School Cochrane, Alberta Canada

“An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an outside force.” “If I have seen further than others, it's by standing upon the shoulders of giants.”

120060Isaac Newton WebCalebI chose Isaac Newton because I think he is one of the best chemists of all time, well in his time. He was the first to explain gravity. The book that I read was called "Isaac the Alchemist," a biography by Mary Losure, and the book was published on February 14, 2017. The book takes place from 1643 to 1727. That is his whole life. Some of the facts about Mary Losure: she worked as a field botanist's assistant, a family farmer, and a staff reporter for Minnesota radio. She lives in Saint Paul, Minnesota.

120061Isaac Newton PortraitCaleb

He was Isaac Newton, and that is his full name. He was born at  Woolsthorpe, Lincolnshire, England, 4 January, 1643, and died on 31 March, 1727. And he was born three months after the death of his father, a farmer also named Isaac. He had two stepsisters named Mary and Hannah and a stepbrother named Benjamin. And the schools he went to are Trinity College in Cambridge, England, and The King's School in Grantham, Pennsylvania, U.S. In school he liked theology. And one person that inspired Isaac Newton was Johannes Kepler. Isaac Newton was a shy boy growing up on a farm 300 years ago. He was that good of a student in school, nobody paid much attention to him except the school bully.

120062Isaac Newton action Caleb

Here is one of the challenges that Isaac Newton had: nervous breakdowns because of his mother's death, and poor social skills. But I could not find how he overcame these challenges. He was very determined by teaching himself and using his experiments. He kept trying, and if they failed, he changed a couple things until they worked. He was very patient and calm and humble. And a sad thing that happened to Isaac Newton is his stepdad was a jerk and that is how Isaac Newton went to his grandma's house. He created an understanding of physics. He was knighted on April 16, 1705 to acknowledge his contribution to science. He was also the warden of the Royal Mint. He was also elected president of the royal society of London because of his reflecting telescope.

I was shocked that he was socially awkward, because he is a genius. If I met Isaac Newton, these are three questions I would ask him: “Do have ideas that you haven't told anyone, and what are they?” “How did you deal with the social awkwardness?” “What was it like to leave your family's house and go to your grandma's house?” And if I could be his child, I wouldn't be his because I hate being in front of crowds and everyone being like “Hey, that is Isaac Newton's kid.” I would hate that. I was happy I chose Isaac Newton for this because I really like science. I would consider Isaac Newton a scientific hero.

Isaac Newton Wikipedia - Wikipedia
Isaac Newton adjectives - Isaac Newton adjectives
Characteristics of Isaac Newton - Characteristics