Allen Ezail Iverson

by Gasper from Slovenia

Allen Ezail Iverson was born on the 7th of June 1975 in Hampton, Virginia. He lived with his mother and his little sisters because his father left when he was young. Then his mother remarried. His stepfather taught him how to play basketball. His mother said that basketball was the key to getting him out of the hood. Iverson started playing football at Bethel High School. At first he loved football. But as good as he was at football, at basketball he was even better. He led his basketball team to the national high school championship. He is not very tall for a basketball player in the NBA league; his height is just 1.83 meters. At the moment, he plays for Philadelphia. This year he played in 72 games with an average of 33 points per game. Some say that he is the next Jordan. He accomplished many things in his life. In his free time he likes reading books. His favorite one is The Color Purple. He likes lasagna and Samuel L. Jackson and Halle Barry films.

Iverson - For more about Allen Iverson
My hero