Zahara Jacobs

by Melody from Richmond

Zahara Jacobs is my hero because she is my sister and she has helped me in everything since I was a baby. She is nine years older than me and there is a big age gap for me to learn from. I chose her as my hero because she has completed high school and now she is in her third year of college. She is studying mechanical engineering and hopes to build very expensive machines like the CAT scan. Zahara has influenced me in many ways by showing me that it is important to complete school and get ahead in life.

She tells me everyday that even though school is tough for her because she has to make time for work and study, she keeps going because she wants to be successful in life. Zahara has shown me that it doesn’t only take hard work and perseverance, but you also have to have the dream that comes with it. You have to know what you want and keep moving towards your goal until you reach it, and if you have set your goal too high for yourself, then you have to change it so that you can achieve it.

I am inspired by Zahara because she has helped me so much that I know now what I need to do to get to the level where I feel as if I have accomplished something. I now strive for that feeling of accomplishment and, with more of her help and encouragement, I feel that I can reach it.