Multi-media Curated Teacher Resource. Includes Discussion Guide and Learning Outcomes.
The world's foremost expert on chimps, Jane established the Jane Goodall Institute, a global community conservation organization. The Jane Goodall Institute protects chimps and inspires people to conserve the natural world. A hero to many, she has inspired essays, art, and song from the MY HERO's community. Learn more about Jane's work below.
Visions for the Future is a series about visionaries, their views, and how they’re getting their hands dirty changing the world. (running time: 1:48 min)
A song for Jane Goodall by Lori Henriques Grammy®-Nominated Singer/Songwriter/Producer. (running time: 3:47 min)
Discussion Guide & Classroom Activities
1. Discuss how this multimedia content depicts Jane Goodall's wish that she wanted a world where we can live in harmony with nature?
2. Analyze the two pieces of art. How do they each tell the story of Jane Goodall with image and words? Create a piece of art depicting your hero and share it with the MY HERO Project.
3. How is the story of Jane Goodall told through song and images in Dream, Jane, Dream? Students explore how they can tell the story of their personal hero through song and/or images.
4. Students create their own song telling the story of their personal hero. They are encouraged to share their song with the MY HERO Project.
5. Younger children sing the song Dream, Jane, Dream to learn about Jane Goodall's work. Create a class graphic organizer about what students learned.
6. How is Jane Goodall an example that one person can make a difference in the world? Who is someone in your community who makes a difference?
Students will gain a better understanding of how one person can make a difference in the world. They will be encouraged to explore the use of multimedia to celebrate their personal hero.
The Jane Goodall lesson plan was created by MY HERO Teacher and Learning Circle Director Laura Nietzer, and features youth heroes.
The Jane Goodall Institute - promotes understanding and protection of great apes and their habitat and builds on the legacy of Dr. Jane Goodall, our founder, to inspire individual action by young people of all ages to help animals, other people and to protect the world we all share.
Use the MY HERO Calendar in the Classroom | Discover a New Hero Every Day of the Year
Students can share their Hero Essays, Films and Art through our Create Program
Organizer created on 3/31/2019 1:06:30 PM by Laura Nietzer
Last edited 8/9/2019 2:17:53 PM by Laura Nietzer