Jessica Kerr

by Kyler Kerr from Severance, Colorado

My hero is my mom. Her name is Jessica Kerr. She was born in 1971, and her most vivid memories of school are with her friends and swimming to become a lifeguard, which she succeeds at. The most important people in her life are her family, aka her kids and her husband, and she loves them very much. She is my hero because she is kind and loving; she can find beauty in anything; and she works hard to help others. 

First of all she is kind, loving, and makes sure I don’t do anything wrong. I might feel like it is really annoying that I always get in trouble and she makes it obvious, but she wants to make sure that I have learned so that I can grow up strong.

The second reason is that she can find beauty in everything. She is a photographer and she takes wonderful pictures and even the tiniest details can be beauty. She has helped me realize that this world is one of a kind.

Finally, the last reason why my mom is a hero is because when she could be sitting around being lazy and such, she works with youth. She goes on Zoom calls and talks about anything that comes to her mind, and she makes them laugh, and she still finds time to talk to us. I think that is what a true hero is. Not to have superpowers or anything like that, but to have time with loved ones and to help other people at the same time.

So, this is why I think my mom is a hero. Really, all moms are heroes and I believe that they can be, they just have to try and be one. And if you might not think that you’re a hero and you want to help out a little bit, then maybe if you see any trash laying around on the ground, why not pick it up. You only have one life, so how would you like to be remembered?