Jesus

by David from Saddle River, New Jersey in United States

125196Jesus ChristLesli WhiteJesus is the leader of Christianity. In six BC, Jesus was born to Mary and Joseph (the legal father) of the lineage of King David, in a manger, in a barn, in Bethlehem, under a special star. That star glowed unusually bright, so that wise men and shepherds could see it and follow it to Jesus. When he was born, shepherds and wise men followed the star to him and praised him. There are many times when he helped people, such as when he turned water into wine at a wedding, when he let a blind man see, and also when he let a dead man live again. I consider Jesus as my hero because he is gracious, he is forgiving, and he is loving.

Jesus is very gracious. In Luke 23:43, it says,”Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.” In this verse, he is talking to a thief who was being crucified with him but repented. Even though we sin against him every day, he is still willing to save us. Even though people hurt and crucified him, he still blesses them. Any good thing is a blessing from Jesus. If you repent, he will still bring you up to heaven like he did to the thief.

Jesus is very forgiving. 1 John 1:9 says, If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Even if you committed every sin but repented, he would still forgive you. When you repent, he forgives all of your sins. Jesus died by crucifixion, to forgive all of everyone who repents’ sins. When Jesus forgives you, he forgives all of your sins, past, present, and future. One example of his amazing forgiveness is when he forgave all of the people who were crucifying him on the cross.

Jesus is loving. John 3:16 says,”For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son so that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life”. Christians believe that God’s one and only son is Jesus. Jesus loves everyone unconditionally, this means that he doesn’t love Mary, and/or Joseph more than anyone else just because they are his parents. It does not matter how many sins you have committed, Jesus loves everyone exactly the same.

Jesus is my hero because I am a Christian. Jesus is amazing because he never will give us something that will hurt us, only something that will help us in the long run. He can use any circumstance, to bless and teach us. Such as, if you fall in the hallway, a future friend could help you up.  Jesus will even bring you up to heaven with him! In conclusion, he is a gracious, forgiving, and loving hero.

About God, All. God Is Love. [Online] Available www.allaboutgod.com/god-is-love.htm.2002-2018.

Student, Britannica. Jesus Christ. [Online] Available school.eb.com/levels/middle/article/Jesis-Christ/275150.2018.

.com, Biography. Jesus Christ Biography. [Online] Available www.biography.com/people/jesus-christ-9354382.2017.