J.K. Rowling

by Alex from Saddle River, New Jersey in United States

125193J.K. RowlingMary McCartneyJ.K. Rowling is the British author of the internationally popular Harry Potter series. The series is about a boy who attends a school for wizards and witches and goes on all sorts of magical adventures. The series has become extremely popular since the release of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s (Sorcerer’s) Stone in 1997. J.K. Rowling was inspired by her favorite childhood books to write the series. She loved reading from her childhood and wrote as much as she could during years of studying in college and taking whatever jobs she could. The huge hit Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone from the UK was also adapted in the US (As Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone) and in other countries. There were even eight movies made based on the series! Now J.K. Rowling is working on 5 films based on Harry Potter’s textbook Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, a prequel to Harry Potter about American Magizoologist Newt Scamander. She also writes amazing stories and other Harry Potter-based activities and content on her website Pottermore. She is my hero because she’s determined, kind, and inspiring.

J.K. Rowling is very determined. She was a single mom struggling to get by during her poorest years. Eventually, with a huge amount of determination and hard work, she became the author of the most popular book series of all time. To get there, she wrote on odd scraps of paper as much as she could, never giving up her writing dream. She wrote Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone tirelessly. When she was finally done, her first draft was rejected by publishers 12 times before being accepted and published. J.K. Rowling is my hero because she is so determined.

J.K. Rowling is not just determined but is very kind. She founded and is the president of the charity Lumos. Lumos helps children in need. She also supports many charities like the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Scotland, Médecins Sans Frontières/ Doctors Without Borders, and Maggie's Centres for Cancer Care. She has donated about $150 million to them in all. She has written 3 books for charity (The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and Quidditch Through The Ages). J.K. Rowling worked at Amnesty International while writing Harry Potter, researching human rights abuse in Africa. She is also my hero because she is so kind.  

J.K. Rowling is not only determined and kind, but also inspiring. She’s inspired so many people around the world, especially people who love to write and girls. She’s also said many inspiring quotes like “It is impossible to live without failing at something… unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you fail by default.” and “We don’t need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already; we have the power to imagine better.” She is my hero because of how she inspires me and people around the world.

J.K. Rowling is a hero because she is determined, kind, and inspiring. The reason she wrote the Harry Potter series so well and worked so hard is her determination. Without her kindness, so many people’s lives would be different for the worse. She is so inspiring because of what she went through and where she is now. She is a good person because of her experiences and what she went through. She impacts millions every day with her heroism. In conclusion, all of these characteristics and more make J.K. Rowling my hero.

Lumos - is a charity for children that was founded by J.K. Rowling.

Rowling, Joanne. 15 Magical J.K. Rowling Quotes. [Online] Available www.fearlessmotivation.com/2017/07/04/j-k-rowling-quotes/.2017.

Britannica, Encyclopedia. J.K. Rowling. [Online] Available school.eb.com/levels/middle/article/JK-Rowling/346272.2018.

Rowling, Joanne. J.K. Rowling. [Online] Available www.jkrowling.com/about/.2018.

.com, Biography. J.K. Rowling Biography. [Online] Available www.biography.com/people/jk-rowling-40998.2018.

McCartney, Mary. J.K. Rowling Official Portrait. [Online] Available www.jkrowling.com/media-kit/.2015.