We have been so grateful to be able to celebrate so many heroes around the world as co-founders of The MY HERO Project.  As wereflect on the importance of art and culture in our lives we to honor a personal hero, Joni Mitchell. Her incredible body of work has deeply touched us and those of our generation. So very pleased to see her return to perform once again and to understand the power of art and music and poetry to heal our souls and give meaning to our lives. Thank you Joni Mitchell for all of your inspiration.

Joni Mitchell

by Jeanne Meyers and Rita Stern Milch from USA

Quotes by Joni Mitchell

"At the point where I'm trying to force something and it's not happening, and I'm getting frustrated with, say, writing a poem, I can go and pick up the brushes and start painting. At the point where the painting seems to not be going anywhere, I go and pick up the guitar."

"I sing my sorrow, and I paint my joy."

https://jonimitchell.com

Joni Mitchell has touched the hearts and minds of people around the world with her music, poetry and art.

Her album CLOUDS released in1969 brought hope and compassion to a restless generation living through a horrible war in Vietnam and at a time when youth were questioning leadership and values.  The song BOTH SIDES NOW became a mantra for coping with a changing world and landscape and an admission of our confusion and desire to embrace love. The song has been recorded by other artists including Judy Collins, Frank Sinatra and thousands of others. A timeless treasure filled with Joni Mitchell's poetic genius.

BOTH SIDES NOW (excerpt)

I've looked at love from both sides now
From give and take, and still somehow
It's love's illusions I recall
I really don't know love at all

Tears and fears and feeling proud
To say "I love you" right out loud
Dreams and schemes and circus crowds
I've looked at life that way

But now old friends are acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day

I've looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all

I've looked at life from both sides now
From up and down and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all

The vinyl on our Joni Mitchell albums was worn thin by repeated plays and her songs kept on coming. Her music gave us comfort and a sense of belonging.  Joni Mitchell is an icon to our generation - as an artist she has soulfully shared her wisdom, joy and pain with those who like us who have became devoted fans.

As an artist her work stands the test of time and gives us a wonderful, magical insight into her view of the world.

150033Early JoniJoni Mitchell 

Joni Mitchell Official Website - This is a very complete archive of her music, lyrics, concerts, and art. Such an impressive body of work that she has created and that has stood the test of time.