Josee Pitre

by Teanna McManus from Cornwall, Ontario in Canada

Josee is my hero because she shows she cares about me like no one else ever has; she has stuck by my side when I've done some pretty terrible things, has stayed by my side through my toughest times, has seen the good in me when all I saw was the bad. I’ve known Josee since 6th grade, and let me tell you, we’ve done some pretty stupid things, but always had fun doing it. Josee is the type of girl that’ll put others' feelings before her own, so that they don’t hurt the same way she did at one point. When she smiles or laughs you can’t help but do the same thing, it’s contagious. She just has such a good and positive vibe. Yes we have been through a lot, but that’ll never stop our friendship. I remember the first time we hung out, we went to the park near her house and there was a fence. She did this cool trick over it, so then I tried it and I scraped my whole leg. She ran to me and gave me a hug and asked If I was okay. She felt so bad for the rest of the day. 

Josee's mom was diagnosed with cancer when she was two and passed away when Josee was 6. I've never seen someone so mature, positive and strong. 

In 6th grade, we didn’t go to the same school, so to communicate we would send each other letters, and even the way I wrote, she could tell when something was wrong, and did everything in her power to cheer me up.

To conclude, Josee Is my hero because she cheers me up on my darkest days, is caring, loving, and the best friend you could ever ask for. No matter how hard things get in your friendship/relationship, keep them close.

Interview With My Hero

Why are you the way you are today? Who inspired you?

I am Josee because I like helping other people. My inspiration is my mom because she was a very good person and I would like to take after her. I find that she was just a very positive person; even though she is not here, I’d like to spread that positivity with many more people that surround me.

What made you want to be my friend?

Everything, very pretty, when I met you in 6th grade I knew right away that you were gonna be a great person and knew I wanted to keep you in my life for a long time.

Is there anything you regret in our friendship?

Yes sometimes I feel like I’m not always there, and when I wasn’t there you made bad decisions, and I regret myself every day for not being there at your worst.

When you first saw me what did you think of me?

Kind, outgoing, very spiritual, strong.

How do you deal with life?

Always having a positive mind set, being there for people even when they don't want my help, hoping people help me have a good life and help me, and care for me when I’m at my darkest.