Keanu Reeves

by Cooper Schneider from Fox Valley , Saskatchewan in Canada

134447Keanu Reeveshttps://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Keanu_Reeves_(crop_and_levels).jpg     One of my heroes is Keanu Reeves. To many, you may think this is an odd choice as he is an actor and his job doesn't really seem to be fitting of the title hero but that is where you are wrong. Keanu is a hero because of the things he does with his position, influence, and money. Where most people would get intoxicated with the power he has, he has handled this power better than any other.

First things first, I should say that he has not exactly had an easy life but he has never let that stop him. He was actually born in Lebanon but then moved to Sydney, then New York, and finally Toronto so, as you can see, he was always moving as a child. Keanu's father actually went to prison very early in his life but later left his family. After that, Keanu's mother remarried several times. So not only was he always moving but his family was constantly changing as well. Through this tough life he still grew up to be a very successful actor, but he still had struggles ahead. In the 90s his girlfriend gave birth to their child. Sadly it was stillborn and this strained their relationship and they broke up. Two years later she killed herself in a car crash. Keanu has had many ups and downs in his life, probably many more that we do not know about, and yet he has kept going no matter what.

Now onto my main points on Keanu, so let’s talk about money and his passion for his job. Money has never seemed to be the biggest priority for Keanu, he has always put his movies needs or others needs in front of his. He has taken multiple hefty paycheck cuts to make a movie the best he can. This includes a bigger budget to get a certain actor on board or to have a greater budget for special effects or the crew. These cuts can be as big as 90% and millions of dollars. He does this because he wants the best for the movie and is passionate about the making of the movie. You can also see his passion in the training he does for his movies to better suit his roles, like his impressive martial arts and gun skills for his role as John Wick.

Keanu is also just all around a really nice guy. Where most celebrities seem to act entitled or above everyone else he has always been down to earth and appreciative of his fans. He has secretly been funding a children's hospital for quite some time now and never even had his name linked to it at all until it was recently found out. He has also been quite kind to fans and so many have amazing stories to tell about meeting him. Recently during a flight that had to be set down, he helped passengers charter a van the rest of the way, gave them info on their landing place, and helped them with anything they may have needed. Overall he has always stayed humble and hasn't let his fame stop him from being a good person.

134448Keanu Reeveshttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Keanu_Reeves_at_S%C3%A3o_Paulo,_Brazil_--_2019-04-03_(cropped).jpg      Reeves is a tremendous gift to our world. He has a great passion for his craft and is willing to take risks and cuts to make the films the best he can. He is an amazing human being and has given a lot back to his fans and people in need. And he has fought through his hardships to still be successful and be the best he can. Keanu Reeves is one of my heroes. He may not have fought for some movement or was some great leader but he has shown that he is a great person and a great role model.

more info - Wikipedia
Wikipedia