Kenshi Yonezu

by Selina Tsai from Taiwan

119498Kenshi Yonezuhttp://reissuerecords.net/“No matter how difficult it is, I will try to love.”

-Kenshi Yonezu <Orion>

Everyone has a hero. Heroes can be people who solve someone’s problem, save people, or donate money to the poor people; heroes can be pets, too. Maybe it saves a person’s life, or changes someone’s life. I think any kind of people or things can be a HERO.

How does a musician be someone’s hero? I think they can make songs to express their thoughts to help people. Sometimes, a song really can make people to change. Some musicians can make beautiful lyrics; when people read these lyrics, maybe they will get out of the dark. Some can make awesome music. When people heard this music, they can relax and leave their worries behind.

119502Kenshi Yonezu http://reissuerecords.net/I love music too. Especially of the Japanese music, because Japanese development a singing voice synthesizer- Vocaloid, now even who can’t talk makes its original songs.

First I saw Kenshi Yonezu’s song video was when I was 10 years old. I just started to touch Vocaloid songs at that time. His song attracted me deeply; I started to search for this song maker. At that time, I found MY HERO at the future-Hachi.

Who is “Hachi”? In fact, he a singer; he is an artist, too. He even can be an animator or a dancer. Who is he? He is my hero - Kenshi Yonezu.

Kenshi Yonezu was born in Japan, he loves music, and he joined a band when he was 14 years old, but when he was 17, he left the band and uploaded the songs he made on the Internet. At first, he used the name "Hachi" on the Web, and he didn't sing the songs by himself. He used "Vocaloid" (a singing voice synthesizer) to make songs. During that period, he gradually became famous; everyone who likes "Vocaloid" loves Hachi's songs.

But Kenshi Yonezu doesn't want to be just "Hachi", he wants to sing the songs by himself. So, he started to use his real name-Kenshi Yonezu to publish the songs he made. His fans were very surprised, but they still love his songs.

Kenshi Yonezu is very versatile. He can write songs, lyrics, even make animations or videos, he can also produce his albums. Everyone thinks he is a really great artist, and his songs are different from other songwriters. Their lyrics are like poems, that's why I love his songs.

I thought“Vocaloid" is a very important thing in Kenshi Yonezu's life, if he never is "Hachi", he won't be Kenshi Yonezu like now.

119506Kenshi Yonezuhttp://reissuerecords.net/Now, he is still making wonderful songs, some of his songs are sad, some are happy and some has very special meaning. As a member of Vocaloid – he made a birthday song for Hatsune Miku: Sand planet, the lyrics has many memories about these years’ in Vocaloid. When people hear that song, they will be full of happiness and thanks. Thanks to Kenshi Yonezu, we can enjoy these great songs.

I will stay tuned about Kenshi Yonezu, maybe buy his albums, and maybe post some photos on the Internet, go to his concert…… Because he is my favorite musician, favorite singer, and my favorite artist!