Kobe Bryant

by Jimmy Yang from Taipei in Taiwan

134605Kobe Bryant says he will retire at end of seasonhttp://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/nov/29/kobe-bryant-says-he-will-retire-at-end-of-season/ Kobe Bryant, a world-famous basketball player, is my hero because of his outstanding skills in basketball. Although he retired from his basketball career with the Los Angeles Lakers, which he had devoted 20 years, the story about him is still talked about all the time!

Because of his father, he was highly interested in basketball. He entered a high school basketball team in Pennsylvania, where he was recognized as the top high school basketball player in the country. After graduation he was traded to Lakers in his rookie year, and won recognition from a lot of fans. As a result, he was chosen as an All-Star player in his second season. However, in 2013 at age 34, he suffered a torn Achilles tendon. His performance was limited in the following two years by injuries on his knee and shoulder.

In 2013 a reporter asked him why he was so successful on the court. “Have you ever seen Los Angeles at 4am? I see it often because that’s when I start my training.” From those words, we know that he had high standard for himself; namely, he took training seriously. That was why he had a glorious career: he won five championships in total. Although he retired, he still participated in things related to basketball. Much to everyone’s surprise, he started to make the film about why he played basketball. Moreover this film earned him an Oscar Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film, so that is why I love him very much.