Larbi Ben M'hidi

by Asma Baba Adoun from Ghardaia in Algeria

Larbi Ben M'hidi

Larbi Ben M'hidi  was born  in 1923 in the village of El Kouahi, Ain M'lila, Algeria, commonly known as Si Larbi or simply as Ben M'hidi, he finished his studies then  in 1939, he joined the Algerian Muslim scouts, where

he became a group leader within a very short period of time.

During the period of French occupation  he obtained significant responsibilities within the repair movement To fight against the occupying French forces.

In August 1956, he assumed command in Algiers, as he was given the responsibility after the election for launching the Battle of Algiers and he caught the attention of the world and the United Nations (UN).

This man was a gift from God where he deposited intelligence, courage, honesty, purity and patriotism.

He was a scout, a fighter, a politician, a sportsman, a dramatist, an educator and above all a soldier and a skilled leader against the French colonization.

The photograph of his arrest was published one day in all the newspapers in Algiers. The photograph showed Larbi Ben M'hidi with handcuffs on his wrists and ankles, with a cheerful brave face.

You can take it as example in your life..like a hero because he is the real man who smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection, he conquers the  fear. In a simple way we should be inspired by people... who show that human beings can be kind, brave, generous, beautiful, strong - even in the most difficult circumstances, like the brave fighter Larbi Ben M'hidi.

Larbi Ben M'hidi - Wikipedia