PLEASE WRITE YOUR STORY IN YOUR OWN WORDS AND BE SURE TO WRITE THE CREDIT LINE FOR EACH IMAGE.

Leonardo da Vinci

by graciela phintalia from Taiwan, Taipei

Learn how to see.

Realize that everything connects with everything else.

-Leonardo Da Vinci

131460Leonardo Da VincigoogleMy Hero, just as Cory Tran from San Diego says, is a "Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Mathematician, Engineer, Anatomist, and Inventor whose belonging to the curious nature of the world led him to become an archetype of the 'Renaissance man.'" His name is Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci, born on April 15, 1452, in Italy. Once the master of arts and science, he held a genius mind of intellectual oddities, compared to those of any other individual during his time.

131462Monalisagoogle At age 14 he became a student of a famous artist named Verrocchio. In addition, he started studying science and math to become an inventor. He drew sketches and designs of flying machines, parachutes, and other things. Many of his drawings were on the subject of anatomy. He drew muscles, skeletons, and organs. His most famous picture was the Mona Lisa. Now it is in the Louvre museum in Paris, since 1797. Leonardo got sick and died in France in 1519 when he was 67 years old.

Leonardo da Vinci's techniques allowed him to work slowly and develop shading in his paintings. He used under painting, earthy browns, greens, and blues in his paintings. He usually painted on damp walls with oil. His most well-known painting is The Last Supper, which was done on a dry wall with tempera paint.

131463The Last SuppergoogleLeonardo  da Vinci was not just a painter but also had other talents. He was an architect, musician, engineer, scientist, and inventor. He also sketched the first parachute, helicopter, tank, repeating rifle, swinging bridge, paddle boat, and motor car. 

Leonardo da Vinci is a hero because he never gave up and he invented things to make people's lives better. He was a thinker of the Italian Renaissance. He also inspired countless numbers of artists to paint. He was an intellectual hero by studying the human body, nature, inventions, and his art.

What makes Leonardo da Vinci a hero is he never gave up on his inventions. Leonardo da Vinci also spent days on his paintings to get them how he wanted them. The impact that he has on me are his paintings and his inventions: his paintings because he took a long time to create them, and his inventions because he helped people with them. He also inspired people to paint and invent things like he did.

Leonardo da Vinci was a genius with his curiosity to deeply understand science and nature while pursuing the knowledge of the world with great persistent effort and living to realize the unseen but fathomable beauty of the world. Leonardo was an inspiration because of the dedication and intellectual insight he implemented into his work. Additionally, he was an individual whose curiosity drove his ongoing motivation to acquire knowledge about the way things had come about, from simple to complex observations. He was a universal genius who sought after the unknown and showed his discoveries through artwork and inventions that would be respected by many in the future. Leonardo was a hero, a genius, and had his own questions about nature and science follow through with actions. That earns his place in the world as an aspiring figure.

In my opinion a hero is a person who is thoughtful and helpful. Some heroes have changed the world by themselves. Some of them have fought for equal rights like Rosa Parks. Many heroes have had a hard life, and some of them have even gone to prison. Leonardo da Vinci invented many things in his life that made the world better for us. He invented things that still help us today. Heroes help us so we need to respect them.

Leonardo Da Vinci - Leonardo Da Vinci Biography