ORGANIZER

Lesson Plan: Write a Song Honoring Local or Global Heroes

Write a Song Honoring Local or Global Heroes to Submit to share with MY HERO's Global Audience 

Song Lesson Plan

Create a song and sing the praises of someone you admire, who has done something wonderful for you, your community or the world.

What to think about as you create your song:

EFFECTIVE STORYTELLING: Does your song highlight a real hero or heroic efforts?

POETIC LYRICS: Are the lyrics inspirational?

MELODIC CONTENT: Is the tune catchy or memorable?

PLAY-ABILITY: Can teachers, students and others successfully play and accompany the song on an instrument?

SING-ABILITY: Is the song musically accessible and engaging? Can children successfully learn to sing it well? (Make sure that your song is child friendly!)

MEMORABLE QUALITIES: Can others easily memorize the song?

EMOTIONAL IMPACT: Does the song inspire a feeing of appreciation of the hero's accomplishments?

Song Examples: Music Videos

Endangered Species

By: Quinn, Moses, Shyon, Logan
An original song and video to raise awareness about endangered species. Made by Elementary students.

Dream Jane Dream

A song for Jane Goodall by Lori Henriques Grammy®-Nominated Singer/Songwriter/Producer.

Stand Up

By: Girard College Lower School
This song was written by Paul M. Eaton for his students at Girard College Lower School in response to their association with the National Liberty Museum and being exposed to their message of "Live Like A Hero".

The Valley of Light Project

By: Mira Arad
The inner flame resides in the heart of each individual, that is why we are all interconnected. All individual flames unite as One Universal Flame of Love and Compassion. 2020 song contest winner

Unsung Hero Song

By: Kitty Richardson, George Albone, Edited by Katie Graubart, Animations by Jes...
This song was written and performed by Kitty Richardson.

Dear Mum

By: Kitty Richardson
Kitty Richardson sings her original song written for her mother.

Audio Song Examples

Dream Jane Dream: A Tribute to Jane Goodall

By: Lori Henriques
By Lori Henriques Grammy®-Nominated Singer/Songwriter/Producer.

Heroes of History - Frontline Workers by Madhulika Manoharan of Dubai

The song is dedicated tot he frontline workers  who dedicated themselves towards saving human lives during this pandemic.

Champion by Kedaton Campbell from California

My gratitude for doctors, nurses and all essential workers during Covid-19 has inspired me to create this song. This will remind me forever of the fights we are facing during this pandemic 2020.

We Must Do Something(Anything) by DJ Trotsky

The news can be depressing and we can feel hopeless.

My Blue Heart - A Tribute to Sylvia Earle

Musicians Whitney Winefordner and Larsen McCarroll recorded the song to celebrate oceanographer Sylvia Earle.

Submit Your Song to MY HERO Sing for Hope Song Contest

Organizer created on 9/4/2024 11:58:04 AM by Laura Nietzer

Last edited 9/4/2024 2:28:54 PM by Laura Nietzer