Abraham Lincoln

by Hannah from Dublin

A hero is someone who has shown leadership and love. They aren’t quitters or unselfish and set good examples for the people around them. They’ve shown an act of bravery or kindness. It doesn’t matter what type of hero it is. They think about others before they think of themselves.

Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12, 1809 near Hodgenville, Kentucky. His parent’s names were Nancey Hanks and Thomas Lincoln. He had an older sister named Sarah and a younger brother named Thomas who died as a young child. President Lincoln was named for his paternal (his father’s father) and loved reading instead of working in the fields. In 1816,at the age of seven, he moved to southern Indiana. Mr.Lincoln’s mother died in 1818 from milk sickness. Abraham Lincoln was six foot four and weighed 180 lbs. He ran for Illinios legislature in 1832 and lost. Mr. Lincoln ran again in 1834, 1836, 1838, and 1840 and won every election. Abraham Lincoln married Mary Todd and had four kids. The kids’ names were Robert, Edward, William, and Thomas. Mr. Lincoln was a republican who was against slavery and had the nickname “Honest Abe”. Abe Lincoln was elected president on November 6,1860. He was assassinated by John Wilkes Booth at an american broadway on Good Friday.

Abraham Lincoln showed how he was a hero in many ways. He never stopped trying to reach his goals and help make the world a better place. He wanted to treat everyone with the same respect (including slaves) and to make good choices that will affect the world in the right way. He was born to be a leader. He made it through all of the early deaths in his family and was a good example. Abe Lincoln was a great leader during the Civil War. Abe Lincoln was a great hero and leader.