Inventor

Linus Torvalds

by Timothée Hontoir from Allennes les Marais in France

133032Linushttps://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linus_Torvalds#/media/File:LinuxCon_Europe_Linus_Torvalds_03_(cropped).jpgTo me, a hero is someone bold enough to do something different even if it seems impossible, and more important, someone who keeps humble.

Linus Torvalds, born on the 28th of December 1969 in Helsinki, is a computer scientist, known to have created Linux, an operating system.

But while people like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs, who have also created operating systems, want you to pay to use them, Linux is totally free, so for me, Linus Torvalds is the most humble of them. Also, Linux can be modified by everyone, Linus has created the core of the project and still work on it, but there are many companies and people who can create cool things using Linux. For the liberty allowed by Linux, I think Linus is the best computer scientist I can imagine.

He has started to create his system by modifying the computer that he used during his schooling : a "Sinclair QL". He is very intelligent, he has been able to create a complete operating system. For that, I think he is the boldest computer scientist.

Linus Torvalds exactly corresponds to my perception of a hero, I hope the best for him, for Linux and for the open source community.