Logic (Sir Robert Bryson Hall ||)

by Simran Mhatre from San Diego, California in United States

120588logic rapping at a concertcitypages.comLogic once said, “Everybody, was born equal, Regardless of race, religion, color, creed, and sexual orientation.” Logic is considered a hero because he speaks up for what he and others believe, he also tries to find the light in any darkness. Logic was born in Gaithersburg, Maryland. He came from a poor family, with a white mother and black father who were addicted to drugs and alcohol. His mother revealed racist actions towards him, his siblings, and father. Logic’s brothers produced and sold cocaine throughout their neighborhood, also selling it to their father. At 17, Logic ran away from home and got two jobs to support himself. As a child he had a great interest in music and wanted to pursue it but many people told him he couldn’t do it. As years went by he worked day and night on his music and ended up proving everyone wrong. A hero must be tenacious and optimistic because it’s important to be mentally strong and having a positive mind when things get tough. Logic is tenacious and optimistic because no matter how hard things got he would not let the criticism get to him and he forged on to pursuing his dreams.

120610logic amazon.comLogic is considered a hero because he's optimistic and he inspires people to achieve what you want. He is optimistic because no matter what people said about what he could and couldn't do, he never gave up, he fought through all the hardships that came his way, and only focused on pursuing his dreams. “Logic was expelled from multiple schools, finally dropping out of high school. When he was 17 years old, he left home. He started working two jobs to support himself. He developed a dedicated work ethic, working long hours while also starting to write and practice songs. He became very invested in the process of writing lyrics, and he was determined to create songs that challenged listeners and made them think.(Gale biography in context, para 4)” This shows how Logic was optimistic because no matter what he was going through he only had his mind on pursuing his dreams. He also had hope that one day things would get better, and he ignored all the negativity in the world. Logic is optimistic because he had a harsh childhood with hate surrounding him but he saw something in himself to ignore the negativity and continue on with his life. “His mother, who was white, displayed racist behavior toward him, his siblings, and his black father. She frequently called him racist slurs. His father was absent for much of his early life. His family struggled with poverty and drugs. Logic's brothers created and sold cocaine throughout their neighborhood, even selling it to their father at some points.” (gale biography in context, para 2)” To many people Logic is considered a hero because his story tells other people that they’re not the only one going through a hard time. He also shows his audience that they just have to pull through all the obstacles and find the light in all the darkness by finding something they love. Therefore, Logic is optimistic because he persevered and gave credence to his dreams. Therefore, Logic is optimistic because he persevered and gave credence to his dreams.

120643logic performing at his concert twitter.comLogic is considered a hero because he is tenacious and he motivates himself to do better things. Logic is tenacious because he preserved and proved to so many people that if you work hard, you can achieve anything. “He had a troubled childhood as both his parents were alcoholic and addicted to drugs. Not only that, his brothers were drug dealers, and taught him how to produce crack cocaine. The family lived in the West Deer Park neighborhood, where a quarter of the residents were below poverty line. He himself smoked marijuana early in his youth, and had serious cigarette addiction. However, he had since then given up marijuana and alcohol, other than an occasional glass of champagne, but is still struggling to give up cigarette.(editors, the famous people,paragraph 3-4)” This shows how Logic struggles to quit smoking and every hero has something they're not proud of but they put they're 100 percent in overcoming the obstacles. Logic puts his 100 percent in overcoming his harsh childhood and his smoking problems. Logic is tenacious because he ignored all the hate that was directed towards him and he focused on the things he believed was important. “After struggling with homelessness, working multiple jobs simultaneously and supporting himself for years, the rapper who's constantly reckoned with his identity seems to have found it in music.(Greene, Edes, Hajek, paragraph 10)” Even though Logic didn't have a normal mundane childhood, he tried as hard as possible to pursue his singing career by persevering. Therefore Logic is tenacious because he is strong willed and puts time and effort into his goals even when he felt like giving up.

120658Logic and Alessia Cara performing their hit song at the Grammysmtv.comLogic is tenacious and optimistic because no matter how hard things got he would not let the criticism get to him and proceeded to making his dreams come true. Logic is considered a hero because he never gave up on his dreams even when people told him he wouldn't be able to achieve them and instead of listening to them, he only listened to what his heart was saying. Logic is an inspiration because he went through a harsh childhood yet he didn't give up and found something that made his life worth living. Logic's story will help society because many people would have committed suicide or inflicted harm to themselves as a way to handle the situation.  Logic’s music inspires many people by showing them that things will only get better if you are optimistic, fight for what you believe, and have hope.

"Logic." Gale Biography in Context, Gale, 2017. Biography in Context, https://link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/K1650010873/BIC1?u=powa9245&xid=e0e1ba97

. Accessed 5 Feb. 2018.

“Who is Logic? Everything You Need to Know.” Logic (Sir Robert Bryson Hall) Biography - Facts, Childhood, Family Life & Achievements of Rapper, www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/logic-sir-robert-bryson-hall-29823.php.

Edes, Alyssa, et al. “Logic Is Ready To Tell The World Who He Is.” NPR, NPR, 15 May 2017, www.npr.org/2017/05/15/528159035/logic-is-ready-to-tell-the-world-who-he-is

Gale Biography In Context - Logic
National Public Radio - Logic Is Ready To Tell The World Who He Is