Malala Yousafzai

by Ruca Pittman from Alberta, Canada

“I believe we will see every girl in school in my lifetime.”

131347Malala webRuca I chose Malala because she stood up for girls rights to go to school. I read a biography book titled, ¨Malala¨. Her biography was 48 pages. This book covers from July 12, 1997 (when she was born) until now. The book was written by Robin S. Doak  in 2015

131393MalalaRuca Pittman               Malala was born in Mingora, Swat, Pakistan. Malala grew up in Swat. She has two brothers Khushal Yousafzai and Atal Yousafzai. Her parents are Ziauddin Yousafzai (Dad) and Toor Pepsi Yousafzai  (mom). She attended three schools: Khushal public school (1012), Edgbaston High (2015-2017), Lady Margaret Hall, (2017). Malala enjoyed learning as a child. Malala was 15 years old when she was shot in the head by the Taliban on the bus because she was trying to go to school. Her father influenced her a lot growing up. She saw a tv show about a boy who had a magic pencil, so each morning she would check her side cabinets for a magic pencil. Malala wanted a good education when she grew up. The terrible things that happened in her past lead her life´s dedication to make sure girls can go to school.

131394Malala going to schoolRuca PittmanMalala was born in a country where parents are usually disappointed if they had a daughter. Malala was shot on October 9, 2012 by the Taliban on her school bus because they fond out that she was standing up for girls rights to go to school. She and her friends where getting an education. Malala’s parents where grateful for having a girl. She survived the shooting, but she was really injured. Her father led her to most of her success. Her father encouraged her to get an education the most. Some qualities I admire about Malala are, bravery, determination and intelligence. She demonstrate bravery by standing up for girls rights to go to school. She demonstrates determination by she never giving up even after getting shot. She demonstrates intelligence by she loved going to school and was committed to getting a good education. She had a disadvantage because the Taliban was in control of Malala’s city. Malala was not the only victim at the shooting, her friends where involved too. Malala was the youngest person to get the Nobel Peace Prize!

She surprised me because she was the youngest to receive a Nobel Prize in the world. Three questions I would ask Malala are; how did it feel to win the Nobel Prize? Was it scary getting shot? Was it scary knowing that your family in danger? I would love to be Malala’s daughter because she stood up for girls´ rights to go to school and I'm a girl who enjoys my right to go to school. I am happy I chose Malala because we read about her a lot  in grade three and I wanted to know more because I think the bravery and determination is something to look up to. I liked this book because it gave a good idea of her life, but it lacked of her hobbies and schooling. This book Tate me if you never give up it is possible to succeed. Malala believed in herself and that inspired me to believe in myself too. I would recommend this book, it has a lot of life lessons and it shows how standing up for something you believe in can change the world.

wikipedia - Malala Yousaifza is a insperatinal person in meny peopels lives so hears a wikipedia basted on malala yousifza.
malalas-story - this shows malalas life frot to back
.nobelprize - explanes about how malala won the nobelpeaceprize
Malala Fund - you can donate to malalas fund.
Malala Yousafza biography.com - Malala Yousafza biography.com