Malala Yousafzai

by Anderson M from United States

Malala

130055Malala YousfzaiPublic Domain 

“When the whole world is silent even one voice becomes powerful.” This is a famous saying by Malala Yousafzai, a girl who stood up for women's rights. She is a person with a very interesting background. In my opinion she definitely deserves to be called a hero. In all Malala has a very interesting and inspiring life.

Malala Yousafzai was born on July 12, 1997 in Mingora, Pakistan. Her parents are named Ziauddin and Toorpakai. She inspired many when she got shot in the head by a gunman. Unfortunately 2 other girls also got wounded on that day by the same person. She got shot in the head because people did not like the idea of girls going to school. It is horrible because you could get shot if people did not like what you were doing. Overall it was a horrible day.

Malala has had many accomplishments in her life. One amazing accomplishment is that she had her first speech at the age of 11. Another one is that she was brave enough to have a blog for BBC under a secret identity. This is brave because if she messed up she could have revealed that it was her. Another one of her speeches was for the united nations. She also became the youngest person to win a Nobel Peace Prize in 2014. In March, 2018 she went back to Pakistan for the first time since she got shot. Overall, Malala is a brave person and definitely deserves to be called a hero.

Now you know all about Malala and her life. You read how she made amazing accomplishments. And how her background has affected her very much. You should tell other people about Malala so they may be inspired and do something amazing one day.

Sources: DailyPakistan.com.pk

Malala Yousafzai  By: Rebecca Rowell