Margaret Mancini

by Hannah Sanders from Elkton MD

Everyone has that one person that has made an impact on their lives. The person that changed my life was an AVID teacher named Margaret Mancini at Elkton Middle School. The school started like any other year, but this was eighth grade. It was my last year as a middle school student. The other thing was I was in an elective class called AVID. I don't really know what I did to get into AVID, but somewhere I did some good and I was recognized for it. On the first day of AVID class, I walked in there and the complete surroundings were different. I was happy when I walked in there. As the year went, on we were given little assignments where we had to speak in front of the class, make videos, and talk to people, and Mrs. Mancini always wanted me to be involved with those types of activities. She really wanted me to get out of my comfort zone, and I did. I could not have asked for a better teacher. She brags about me and tells me how I have impressed her, when really I did nothing. She left an impression on me that I will never forget. We need more people like her.