Poets

Mattie Stepanek

by Debbie Milam from United States

148364Technicolor AweDebbie Milam (Written for poet and peacemaker Mattie Stepanek.) 

When I Look in Your Eyes

The blessings of life are upon us, 
Surrounding us every day. 
The potential of every moment 
Guides us in every way. 

When I look at the sky, I see rainbows. 
When I look in your eyes, I see stars. 
When I look at the world, I see beauty. 
But when I look in your heart, I see God. 

Before us, the wonders of nature— 
The oceans, the mountains, the trees, 
The gentle caress of the morning, 
The sweet song that sings in the breeze. 

When I look at the sky, I see rainbows. 
When I look in your eyes, I see stars. 
When I look at the world, I see beauty. 

The bright light of love that surrounds us 
Brings healing and joy to the dance. 
As heaven and earth join together, 
We embrace the sacred romance. 

When I look at the sky, I see rainbows. 
When I look in your eyes, I see stars. 
When I look at the world, I see beauty. 

I see God. I see God.

For more peaceful resources - The Grace Love Well Foundation is filled with peaceful resources to help you and your loved ones have a deeper relationship with God and each other.

Debbie Milam
 is an award-winning author, poet, occupational therapist, author and past syndicated columnist for United Press International’s Religion and Spirituality Division.

She is the author of Miracles in the Middle, Overtaken by Grace, And God Said and Lord Show Me You Are Here.

Debbie’s ground-breaking work has been featured in First for Women, the Miami Herald, Elle, and Ladies Home Journal, and on the Hallmark Channel, PBS, and WebMD.

Through her 501(c)3 Grace Love Well Foundation, her mission is to inspire people to the beauty, love, power, and presence of God. As an organization we have donated thousands of books to churches, missions work, prisons, pastoral counselors and prayer teams.

For more resources to deepen your intimacy with God and find peace in His presence, visit us online at gracelovewell.org or YouTube/Debbie Milam