Press_Release

MY HERO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL EVENTS – NOVEMBER 18-19

by MY HERO Media from Laguna Beach, California

CONTACT:                                                                       FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Jeanne Meyers
Co-founder/Director
The MY HERO Project
[email protected]

NOVEMBER 13, 2023, LAGUNA BEACH, CA - Join us in celebrating the winners of the 19th Annual MY HERO International Film Festival in a Virtual Awards Ceremony. The event takes place on Saturday, November 18th, 2023, at 2pm (PST)/ 5pm (EST) during the weekly Zoom Salon Series of philanthropist and mentor Eva Haller.

153253MHIFF Virtual Awards CeremonyMY HERO 

The festival is an annual event dedicated to showcasing short films, by student and professional filmmakers, that celebrate the power of the human spirit. Categories include documentarynarrativemusic video, experimental and animation. The festival is part of The MY HERO Project, a Laguna-based nonprofit dedicated to sharing hero-themed stories from around the world.

This year, the MY HERO Festival is delighted to honor so many international winners coming from countries across the world including Africa, Germany, the UK, the USA, the Czech Republic, Ireland, Chili, Iran, Canada, Italy, Mexico, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Lebanon and Turkey.

There is no charge for this event but you must register to attend. Register here for the Special Awards Ceremony.

Special Awards, with cash prizes, will be awarded to winning films with themes of PeaceActivismWomen Transforming MediaRelationshipsImmersive StorytellingYouth Reporters, and Sing for Hope Music Videos.

153251Festival Special Awards PresentersMY HERO International Film Festival 

This year’s Special Awards presenters include:

Ron Kovic - The New York Times bestselling author and Academy Award winner annually gives the Kovic Peace Prize

Eva Haller - Holocaust survivor, philanthropist and mentor to thousands will present two awards — the Women Transforming Media Award and the Sing For Hope Music Video Award.

Esther Wojcicki - Esteemed global educator and author presents the Youth Reporter Award

Kathy Eldon - Co-founder of Creative Visions Foundation, author and film producer presents the Dan Eldon Activist Award 

Judith Anderson Ph.D. - President of the Foundation for the Contemporary Family and UCI Professor of Psychiatry annually gives the Relationships First Award

153254Virtual Celebration of WinnersMY HERO 

On Sunday, November 19, 2023, at 10:30 am (PST)/1:30 pm (EST), MY HERO will host a Celebration of Winners. This virtual, family-friendly event features short clips from selected winning student films and the recognition of all winning filmmakers in attendance.  Register here for the Celebration of Heroes.

153252Featured Filmmaker StoriesMY HERO
Click here to learn about 2023 featured winning filmmakers

Join us for an inspiring program that brings together filmmakers and their heroes from around the globe.