Michael Phelps

by Aiden from USA

Michael Phelps was born on June 30, 1995 in Baltimore, Maryland. As a young kid, he was very energetic. He could never focus or pay attention and he got in lots of trouble because of that. Then, his mom enrolled him in swimming lessons. He liked it so much his mom tried out a swim TEAM! It was super exciting for Michael. He would practice super hard for hours on end. He loved swimming. When he was only 15, he was in the Olympic games in Sydney, Australia. He was the youngest male swimmer in 68 years. He has gotten about 28 medals in all of his career, and he has started his own swim program to help kids learn to swim.

His best stroke is butterfly. He is also really good at backstroke, and that was the first real stroke he learned to do by himself. He is married to Nicole Johnson and has 3 kids: Boomer Robert Phelps, Beckett Richard Phelps, and Maverick Nicolas Phelps. He is now retired, but let's get into his actual career. In 2000, Michael went to the Sydney Olympics. He was the youngest male swimmer to enter in 68 years. He got 0 medals . He got his first medal in the 2004 Olympics in Beijing. That set off his career to go to four other Olympic games. He is now retired and helping other young kids learn to swim.

138530Michael Phelps on the day of retirementWikipedia