Ian D. Millar and BigBen

by Tahnee from ThunderBay

A little about
Ian D.Millar and BigBen

Ian Millar is one of the best showjumping riders i have ever seen in my life. Even at the age of 57 he still does very good at all competitions and he does not do just for the money he also does it becuse it is fun to. His best horse ever for showjumping was BigBen ;Ian once said (He is the wind beneath my wings).I have not only picked Ian Millar as my hero not becuse he wins lots but because he is not always out there to win and he always tries his best at it too. He says (if you fall off get back on and try again but a little harder) He has also schooled my aunt Christen. Ian Millar has broke almost every bone from showjumping in 2000 he had broke his wrist and still rode even with a broken wrist and that is courage cause another rider might back out but Ian rode.He operates a riding school and when i'm older i'm getting schooled there. That's all about Ian Millar my hero

BigBen born 1970 in Belgium on the farm of Jacodus van Hooydonk back then his name was Winstion he was a tall foal his mom was only 15hh and father 16hh. After he was sold to Bert Romp in Holland then sold to Ian Millar of Canada-- by then BigBen was a stuning liver chestnut gelding with two white stockings on his hind legs he was a stunning 17'3hh. BigBen won his first competition in Montle at a small out door show and a year later competed at the Grand Prix at spruce Meadows Canada and won --- the people that have seen him jump never forgot him. Then BigBen had got colic and almost died and seven months later got it again then he got in a bad highway crash on his way to calgary in 1992.

Ian Millar and BigBen went on to win to world cups back to back and two gold medals too. Ian Millar retired BigBen in 1994. In 1999 on december seventh BigBen got another attack of colic but it was very worse then before so they had put BigBen down--- his funeral was televised.

Ian buried BigBen on his farm in Perth'ont on a hill over looking the place.That's also why I pick BigBen as my hero;we all miss him very much!!!

Thats all about my heros.