L.M. Montgomery

by C.C. from VANCOUVER, CANADA B.C.

I have Lucy Maud Montgomery as my hero because when I grow up I want to be a writer and she was sort of a pioneer of women's writing. She never gave up at her chosen career even when her work was rejected. She had many things in her life other then writing ,she was a mother,a wife ,a writer and she was respected. Her books are read by adults and childern alike all over the world. I wish she was still alive so that I could meet her, but by reading her books you can sort of feel what kind a person L.M.Montgomery was.

L.M.MONTGOMERY - For more information about L.M.MONTGOMERY visit Uxbridge-Scott Museum's tribute to this author.
Anne of Green Gables - Lucy Maud Montgomery, who wrote the universally beloved Anne of Green Gables, was born on the north shore of Prince Edward Island

L.M. MONTGOMERY, writer of the universally beloved Anne of Green Gables, was born on the north shore of Prince Edward Island and raised in Cavendish where she lived until she married at age 36.

Anne of Green Gables has been translated into 15 different languages and put on film.

The story was inspired by the land, the sea and the people around her. It in turn has imparted an image of the Island that draws 350,000 visitors annually from around the world to Green Gables House.