Health

Mother Teresa

by Sugam from Dublin

My Hero by: Sugam                                                           

A hero helps others, even if they get hurt themselves. They always persevere, despite what may bring them down. They believe in what is right. Finally, they are always courageous . My hero is Mother Teresa.

Mother Teresa was born August 26, 1910, in Skopje, Macedonia. She died on September 5, 1997, in Kolkata, India. She taught in India for 17 years. Additionally, her real name is Anjeze Gonxhe Bojaxhiu. She had a dad, a mom, a brother, and a sister. She worked as a teacher, a missionary, and more. She also won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979. Mother Teresa was very helpful. She devoted her life for caring for the sickest and the poorest. But, this wasn’t that easy. She herself didn’t have a large amount of support and she had even had to beg for food herself! But, she still didn’t give up. Suddenly, she got very sick during the last 2 decades of her life, but that didn't stop her for caring of the poor and sick.

Mother Teresa believed in what is right. She quit her job as a teacher because she thought it was the right choice helping the helpless. She also thought God (Jesus) will think it is the right choice to help the helpless. She showed empathy for the people she was helping. She always was courageous, too. She always did her job, even though she got sick, and she faced many challenges.                                      

Mother Teresa is a hero to me because she went through a lot doing the right thing. She made her life into helping others. She thought it was the right choice and worth it.

Thank you for reading my hero essay.