My Mum Dr Norwood

by James Norwood from United Kingdom

144153My Mum Dr NorwoodMeMy hero is my mum, and her name is Jo. She works for the NHS as a doctor. During Covid, she has not only been very helpful to me but also to all her patients at work. Most days she comes across something difficult, but she keeps on going and eventually gets there. 

She goes to work at 9:00 to 9:30 o-clock in the morning and comes home at 6:00 in the evening. When she is on-call, it means that if she gets called, she must go out to the hospital no matter what time it is. It could be in the middle of the night or at mid-day. She doesn’t complain, she just goes out anyway. Even though my mum is a doctor, that is not her only job. She also must look after me and my brother at the same time, and lots of the time, me and my brother fight. But my mum settles the fight easily and calmly. She does all the cleaning and washing the dishes. When I go to bed my mum always reads me a bedtime story and she makes the dinner in the evening and makes my lunch at mid-day. 

My hero is my mum because she is amazing and helps not only me and my family but also all her patients and friends as well. She has helped me all throughout my life, but especially during Covid-19. That’s why my mum is my hero.