Nicole McGee

by Lani from California

My hero is Nicole McGee, otherwise know as Ms.McGee. She is my 8th grade teacher. Her favorite colors are blue and brown. She enjoys surfing, yoga and hanging out with her family and friends. We have the same taste in music, and we dislike similar things.

She is my hero because I never met a teacher like her before. I feel like she believes in me and supports my class and me. She is like the only teacher I know who cares. Even though we all get on each other’s nerves sometimes, we get over it quickly.

Ms McGee travels a lot. She lives to see and explore the world. Another thing we have in common is it seems like if we stay in one place we lose our minds. We have to be busy, not bored. We like learning new things and doing different types of activities.

My hero has inspired a few kids/ teenagers to be who they are and to express themselves freely. Mrs. McGee has gone to school to “dorm it up”(ha not really). She teaches and she likes it.

Why is this person important to me? She is the best teacher I have ever had. Just the way she is and her attitude, thought, and feelings about things are so true and she does things with a purpose. She knows who she is. She is so sure of herself. She knows where she stands and I admire who she is and what she does. She is not just a teacher; she is an inspiration with a heart of gold. I thank her for being my teacher. She doesn’t start drama, she likes the ocean and Bob Marley & and that’s super-cool. I like that my hero does not judge others or me. I like that she doesn’t assume things that aren’t true. I like how she is always smiling when we start our day and when I first walk in through the door. Nicole McGee is an awesome teacher and an even more awesome friend. I will be graduating and I will get another teacher but no matter what, she will always be my hero…