Narendra Modi is my true hero as he has inspired me to go your own way and take calculated risks. This article gives you a detailed insight into his life and political career so far. After reading about him, I think you would surely take some inspiration. 

Narendra Modi

by Tarun Rawat from Dubai, United Arab Emirates

“I don't carry the burden of the past or the madness of the future. I live in the present.”                                                                                                                                                                        - Narendra Modi

127229Heeraben Modi (mother) feeding Narendra Modisuccessstory.comOn 17 November 1950, a legend was born. His name was Narendra Damodardas Modi. He was born to a family of grocers in Vadnagar, Mehsana District, Bombay State (Present day Gujarat). His father was Damodardas Mulchand Modi and his mother, Hiraben Modi. 
As a child, Modi helped his father in running a tea stall at the Vadnagar Railway Station. Little did he know that he would, after a lot of struggle, become the Prime Minister of India.

In 1967, Narendra Modi completed his secondary schooling from a government school. He was not really good in studies and his academics, just an average student. But yes, his teacher sure described him as a very active and keen debater. He was interested in Politics and other discussions. He was the brightest kid, in terms of keenness and debate/discussions. Surprisingly, he was also very attracted to theatre. He loved playing larger-than-life portrayals and loved the political heroes of the time.

He came into the political reign at a very young and growing age, 8. Though he did not get a high post. But he joined the RSS, which is a party, dedicated to selfless service to India. RSS is often termed as the Parent Party of BJP. He met Lakshmanrao Inamdar. Modi always used to attend the local shakhas or training sessions of RSS. Inamdar saw Modi taking part actively in the sessions. He saw a bright spark in this child and made him a balswayamsevak (junior cadet). This was a huge achievement for Modi at that age. He also met Vasant Gajendragadkar and Nathalal Jaghda, who were the founders of BJP Gujarat unit. It was an honor to meet them, as they were big political names at that time and very respected too.

But Modi, on the other side, has his own problem. His parents engaged him to Jashodaben while he was still a child. He strongly disagreed with the engagement, which caused a huge tension among the families. Due to this reason, he ran away from his home.

Not many people know where he went as only a few details have emerged. But in interviews, he has mentioned going to many ashrams or Hindu monasteries, like Belur Math near Kolkata. But he was also rejected by some.

He went back to his home state Gujarat through Delhi and Rajasthan in the year 1968–69. He also went to Vadnagar, his hometown, for a brief visit. But there are no details on whether he met his parents or not. Then he went to Ahmedabad, he stayed at his uncle's and worked at the canteen in Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation.

In 1971, he became a full-time RSS worker.

In 1975, when the then-Prime Minister Indira Gandhi declared Emergency, Modi was forced to go into hiding. Then, the RSS assigned Modi to BJP in 1985, and he held several positions in the party until 2001 when he rose to the rank General Secretary.

127233Modi sworn in as the Chief Minister of Gujuratrediff.comIn 2001, he was appointed Chief Minister of Gujarat after the falling health of Keshubhai Patel and poor public image following his administration's poor handling of the Bhuj Earthquake. It was again a great and huge achievement for him. He started office on 7 October 2001.

But a greater problem was ahead. The Gujarat riots of 2002. It was a huge issue and everybody questioned the Modi government. There were riots among the Hindu and Muslim societies. The interrogation was on, and the opposition did not leave a chance. They started blaming the Modi government. But there was no evidence to start any kind of interrogation or inquiry. And Modi was cool and composed as always. So, there was no need to worry.

But overall, he has been praised for his policies and duties as a chief minister. Gujarat has grown tremendously in all sections form then on.

In 2014, he also led his party to the general elections, which gave them a majority in the Lok Sabha, the first time any single party has been able to do this. And not-very-surprisingly, Modi was chosen to be the candidate for the Prime Minister of India. Majority of the public loved him and his methods of improving the nation to a better place to live. His main focus is the economic and social sectors, along with the foreign interaction and new policies. He also focuses on environmental improvement and increased spending on infrastructure.

And now with his tenure coming to an end, we can see that India has progressed a lot under him, in all major sectors.

He is my hero because he is a person with dignity, respect, innovative thinking and an 127234Modi - A True InspirationShining India Newsopen mind. He never ceased to impress everyone with his works. He has handled many tense situations in a cool and calm manner. He is a man of his words and has kept his promises. He is a Prime Minister who cares for everyone, be it the youth, the middle-aged, or even the aged. He really is a hero.

Narendra Modi on Wikipedia - Tells about the life of Narendra Modi, both in brief and in an otherwise long and detailed format.
Narendra Modi - Official Website - This is the official website of Narendra Modi, current Prime Minister of India. Tells about his government's plans, what they have achieved, and the latest news regarding Narendra Modi.

Anonymous, Unknown. Wikipedia. [Online] Available https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narendra_Modi.-------.

Hello, everyone out there! I am Tarun Rawat, a 12-year-old studying in Grade 8 at GEMS New Millennium School, Dubai. I love writing creative stories and biographies. I love knowing about creative and inspirational personalities. I hope my articles help in spreading knowledge and helping you out in any way possible.