ORGANIZER

National Good Samaritan Day

A day to celebrate and encourage kindness and selflessness, despite our differences. On this day, we’re reminded to be our brother’s keeper in all circumstances.

Films

60 Sec Docs with Jahkil Jackson

By: 60 Sec docs
Jahkil Jackson from Chicago is the founder of Project I Am, an organization raising awareness about homelessness.

Down the Road [excerpt]

By: Care Dorghalli
Woody and Luna generously help people in need after the Paradise fire.

Finding Home

By: Ethan Dumper
A short documentary put together by a youth film maker regarding the systemic problems behind Homelessness and possible solutions.

Ocean Hero Spotlight

Jessica Vance
Oluwaseyi Moejoh from Nigeria and Heather Brockbank from the Bahamas share their stories of ocean activism.

MABON ‘The 8 year old activist’

Jack Davies
Our world has a serious ocean plastics problem. There are now a higher number of plastics in the ocean than the number of fish.

SGT. PUSHUP | Helping Children One Pushup at a Time (Trailer)

Brandon Hill, Maverick Farrah
Patrick Parker, a decorated war veteran who loves his country, created the character of 'Sgt. Pushup' to feed children

Building a Shower Trailer for Chico's Houseless on a Budget... of Love!

Produced by:Respectful Revolution
This video is one of the latest from the Respectful Revolution project that is dedicated to documenting humane solutions to our world's many challenges.

Stories

Jahkil Jackson

By: Abigail Richardson
A Young Philanthropist Making a Big Difference

Federica and Baby Malick

By: Cheikh Darou Seck
Baby Malick was flown from Senegal to Italy for a life-saving heart operation by surgeon Federica Iezzi through the nonprofit One Life Onlus.

Brandon Tsay: Lifesaver

By: Naomi Gledhill
Brandon Tsay, a 26-year-old man from California, saved numerous lives on the night of the 21st January 2023, when he disarmed a gunman in Monterey Park.

Alexandra Cousteau

By: Jessica Glenn

A 'Source to Sea Cleanup' for New England's longest river

By: Cathryn J. Prince <br> Contributor of The Christian Science Monitor<br> <h5>...
On Sept. 29 thousands of volunteers will spread out along the banks of the Connecticut River collecting tons of plastic bottles, cans, food containers, and other trash.

Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill Cleanup Team

By: Isabella
Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill Cleanup Team work hard to return the Gulf to a healthy state.

'Building a Shower Trailer for Chico's Houseless on a Budget... of Love!'

By: Deborah Neff, MY HERO Staff writer

Jack Johnson

By: Turner from San Diego

Marcus Rashford MBE - Football Hero and Hunger Campaigner

By: Abigail Richardson
Marcus Rashford is an England Premiere League footballer who rose to fame playing for Manchester United and England and more recently for his work with FareShare[i] to help tackle childhood hunger in the UK.

Sadio Mane

By: Luc Richardson

Sarah Brown, Global Health and Education Hero

By: Abigail Richardson

Keanu Reeves

By: Jeremy Hsing
Keanu Reeves is a Hollywood actor from Canada, best known for The Matrix.

Princess Diana

By: Kyara Emanuel

Audrey Hepburn

By: Bailey from Boca Raton

Alice Baum

By: Donna Klaasen, Laguna Niguel, CA
Alice Baum and her husband Don Burnes left behind their careers to help the homeless.

Bob Pierce

By: Paige from San Diego

Art

#ThankANurse-NoTime2SmellTheRoses

By: Marilyn Huerta
Community Heroes

Covid Superheroes

By: Jamie Park

heroes

By: anna

Stories from the Christian Science Monitor

Samaritan's Purse helps feed those in need worldwide

By: Graham Salinger <br> Nourishing the Planet <br> <h5>Permission to use this m...
Samaritan's Purse in Bolivia and other hungry countries around the world works to support families hurt by natural disaster, war, disease, and famine.

Ginger Passarelli is a good Samaritan with a soup ladle

By: Gail Wood <br> Contributor of <br>The Christian Science Monitor<br> <h5>Perm...
Ginger Passarelli, rushing to the scene of emergencies and disasters, her Soup Ladies nourish the helpers.

The help-a-refugee way to save Ukraine

By: CSM Editorial Board
Generosity toward the war’s refugees, especially nonUkrainians, helps counter Russia’s excuse for the invasion.

Finding the heart of a people’s resistance

By: Clayton Collins Director of Editorial Innovation @ClayCollinsCSM

Organizer created on 2/27/2023 12:39:17 PM by Abigail Richardson

Last edited 2/7/2024 1:21:25 PM by Abigail Richardson