Inventor

Nikola Tesla

by Wenshi Bao from San Diego, California in United States

Throughout human history, the greatest invention or discovery always belonged to individual and not groups of people. These people make humans move forward. One such person was a famous inventor in 20th century. He made tons of inventions and even now people are still  using his technique to make electricity. He influenced modern electricity so much, some people even call him “the father of electricity”. Without him humans could not come this far. He is one of the greatest inventors in the world. Nikola Tesla.

132483Nikola Teslahttps://www.biography.com/news/nikola-tesla-biography-facts"Nikola Tesla symbolizes a unifying force and inspiration for all nations in the name of peace and science. He was a true visionary far ahead of his contemporaries in the field of scientific development.  New York State and many other states in the USA proclaimed July 10, Tesla’s birthday- Nikola Tesla Day.”(“Nikola Tesla”) In this quote we can tell how great and incredible Tesla was. He made many contributions to this world and now he finally gets what he deserves. Tesla was an unsung hero because when he was alive no one knew him and no one appreciated what he made. He got ignored by people, he got fooled by Thomas Edison, his entire life was lived in a New York hotel; but he didn’t give up, he worked on what he believed. Nikola Tesla was very intelligent - even Thomas Edison was scared and jealous of Nikola Tesla’s talent. “At one point Edison told Tesla he would pay $50,000 for an improved design for his DC dynamos. After months of experimentation, Tesla presented a solution and asked for the money. Edison demurred, saying, 'Tesla, you don’t understand our American humor.'” (qtd.Nikola Tesla)” In this quote, Thomas Edison fooled Nikola Tesla, while everyone thinks Thomas Edison didn’t realize how talented Nikola Tesla was. Tesla just left that place, not fighting back.

132484Nikoal Tesla with his inventionhttps://lithub.com/nikola-tesla-an-alien-intelligence/Thomas Edison was trying to tear down Tesla's reputation so he decided to show people how  dangerous Tesla’s inventions were. “To discredit Tesla's invention of alternating current, Edison would pay school children to bring him pets, after which he would display, alternating currents killing the pets in view of other people, declaring that alternating currents weres extremely dangerous."Edison tried to convince the naive public that Tesla's technology was dangerous and deadly, even though it wasn't. ”(“Nikola Tesla”). Thomas Edison was scared of Tesla's intelligence and his talent. Edison is also scared that Tesla’s invention will replace his, and that’s why he wants to tear down Tesla’s reputation. But Tesla still didn’t care, he believed one day he would be recognized by people, he believed one day people would be shocked by his invention, he believed all of his work and effort was worth it, Thomas Edison just a joke. He wanted to use his intelligence and his work to prove to people who was right and who was wrong."In 1898 Tesla announced his invention of a tele automatic boat guided by remote control. When skepticism was voiced, Tesla proved his claims for it before a crowd in Madison Square Garden." ("Tesla, Nikola"). People were skeptical because no one knew him. Tesla demonstrated his invention so he could be recognized, so he could be known.

In 1943, Tesla died. He died in a hotel room. He spent his entire lifetime on his inventions, and he lived in that hotel for almost 20 years. He got no money, no one knew him but his intelligence didn’t get discovered by people, people didn’t know him because of Edison. He had no money because of Edison. He was an unsung hero because he did what's right and didn’t care about what others thought. He is one of the greatest heroes throughout human history, he is one of the most intelligent people, he is Nikola Tesla!

"Nikola Tesla." Encyclopedia of World Biography Online, Gale, 1998. Biography In Context,

https://link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/K1631006444/BIC?u=powa9245&sid=BIC&xid=061d1cf3. Accessed 10 Apr. 2019.

Editors, History.com. “Nikola Tesla.” History.com, A&E Television Networks, 9 Nov. 2009,

www.history.com/topics/inventions/nikola-tesla.

Hunt, Inez Whitaker. “Nikola Tesla.” Encyclopædia Britannica, Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc.,

26 Feb. 2019, www.britannica.com/biography/Nikola-Tesla.

“Nikola Tesla.” Biography.com, A&E Networks Television, 8 Feb. 2019,

www.biography.com/people/nikola-tesla-9504443.

“Nikola Tesla.” The MY HERO Project,

myhero.com/N_Tesla_dnhs_kt_US_2016_ul.