The MY HERO Project | Library

Oprah Winfrey: A Biography

By Helen S. Garson

Publisher: Greenwood Publishing Group, Incorporated, August 2004
ISBN: 0313323399
MY HERO recommends this book to adult readers.
From the Publisher
The name and the face of Oprah Winfrey are instantly recognizable to just about every person in the United States. To millions of people around the world, Oprah is the embodiment of American spirit and entrepreneurial success; hers is a rags-to-riches story come to life. This biography takes readers past all the hype and hyperbole and presents a candid, balanced portrait of the flesh-and-blood woman herself. This well-researched personal profile presents a realistic yet intimate portrait of Oprah that neither canonizes nor demonizes her. The dramatic events in her life, both the struggles and the successes, are detailed with factual accounts that guide readers through the complex, and sometimes controversial, course of Oprah's life from her childhood in Mississippi, to her current position of extraordinary success. This carefully organized book also examines the myriad areas of Oprah's immeasurable impact on the people close to her and the public at large. Each area is well researched and narrated with an equanimity and lucidity that distinguishes this book from a "tell-all" approach.
User Reviews:
Kelvin Mhina | 11/21/2014 4:35 PM
One of the last greatest powerfull and influencial person to have ever lived on this planet Earth!
jerica | 2/19/2009 10:43 PM
I LIKE UR SHOW AN UR BOOKS BECAUSE U GET 2 THE POINT AND U STAY ON TOPIC AN U LIKE 2 DEAL WITH LIFE DAY BY DAY!!!
sahsa | 11/10/2008 4:11 AM
im doing a biography on u nd i love u oprah u are my superstar idol
MICHALA | 10/24/2008 5:03 AM
I'M DOIN AHISTORY DAY ON U N I REALLY BEEN LIKEING IT.YOUR SO KIND N I LOVE WATCHING YOUR SHOWS ITS GOOD HOW U HELP PEOPLE OUT N STUFF YOUR THE BEST EVER I LOOK UP TO U BECAUSE I LIKE TO HELP OTHERS TO N SOMEDAY IM GOIN TO HELP OTHER PEOPLE LKE U DO
shania | 1/28/2008 2:28 AM
i love ur show and ur books
dharien | 8/6/2007 2:21 AM
my blood starts warming cold ...night mares becomes dreams ,failure bacomes succuess ,wen i hear the dazling name of this mowen who is called hope by someone , light by many and oprah winfrey by everyone...but for me your the first lady of the world. i love u oprah for all you have done for people, i hope someday i get to meet u
pebbles | 5/14/2007 10:23 AM
i think that ms. winfrey is an inspiration without her doing soo much in peoples lives the world would not be the way it is today honestly and without her the girls in africa would not have a chance to love and live life as they should she has gone through a lot and at school no matter what when they would ask me who my heros were i would say god,my mom and ms.oprah winfrey for she has made an trumendous out come in my life and i have not even met her in person just by reading about her i can tell how wonderful she is besides i am an oprah fan and i've been like that since i was 5 she's always been my hero!!!!!!
Kara Sutton | 5/4/2007 1:39 AM
hey i loved your book and i think you should always be the best leadership for girls all around the world...
jackie | 4/3/2007 11:21 PM
She is a phenomenal woman.She reminds me everyday what can be achieved in this world, as a woman when you are hardworking,dont compromise on your principles and when you are willing to open your heart to the world.She is trully inspirational.
Toie | 3/20/2007 6:41 AM
Oprah is just Oprah. She is real. She loves, lives and laughs!
Emily | 2/19/2007 9:03 AM
Oprah Winfrey is an outstanding women she should be givin some sort of an award she iz a trust worthy and beautiful lady...
Jacadi | 2/15/2007 2:57 AM
I think Oprah is a phenomanal person and a great,powerful woman
ralph | 2/11/2007 9:27 PM
oprah is a spectacular woman for a lot of things like helping the poor.
McKinlie Kaylie Marie Smith | 2/11/2007 3:57 AM
I think you are inspirational

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews