Pele

by Chris from Center Valley

When I was young I was wondering what sport I would focus on. So I thought maybe football but I would get flattened like a pancake. So I thought how about basketball, I was pretty good at dribbling but I stunk at shooting and that was really what the game is all about.

So I thought about soccer, way back I remembered someone talking about Pele so I went to investigate. so I went to my brother.

I asked and the reply came back, "he's only the best soccer player ever". So I thought I'm going to strive to be the best soccer player ever and Pele will be bowing down to me.

So I started to play soccer when I was four and I kept playing from four to five from five to six and to six to seven trying to be the best. That's when I moved to England and did a series of camps trying to perfect my skills.

When I came back I was ready, so I went to my first practice and I was clearly the best player on my team. I've always been one of the best players on my team and I have Pele to thank for that.