Adem Jashari

by Herolind from Antioch

Adem Jashari
Adem Jashari

Adem Jashari a born leader. Between countless battles always have been a leader for the Republic of Kosovo. Born on November 28, 1955 in Skenderaj, Kosovo. He was raised on Albanian war stories and was rarely seen without a gun.

He was illiterate and a farmer. When he got older he started the Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA) in 1991. He and other Kosovo-Albanians revolted against the Serbs and he was in charge of that protest though he was captured and taken to jail. When he got out, he started the KLA.That is when stuff started happening. He was the commander of the army. He launched several attacks against the Serbian Army and then later NATO noticed and helped him and the KLA win the war.

Later, on March 7, 1998 at the age of 42, he died because he and his whole family were in his house and the Serb army attacked his house. After that attack no one from his family was found alive. Though later on NATO launched an attack on Serbia. That is when Serbia lost the war. Later, he won the Hero of Kosovo Award.