Artemis Fowl

by Klavdij from Velenje

My hero is Artemis Fowl. He is a character in the book of Artemis Fowl written by Eoin Colfer. The story takes place in modern times, at the beginning of 21st century.

He is a super-genius, only 12 years old, but much more intelligent than most adults. Intelligence to which nothing can compare with is something that I respect almost as a holy thing. Intelligence opens many doors, can solve many problems, often can save a life. Besides imagination, intelligence is definitely the most useful gift a person can get.

He is just a literary hero, but in a way he could be an idol for me, if only he were not on the wrong side of the law. He thinks a lot, more than most people do. That's why I could say that Artemis Fowl is a hero. For example, at the beginning of the first book he just knew that the waiter was about to be his tour guide. He recognized him by the way he was dressed.

Why do I believe Artemis Fowl is my hero? Not just because of his thinking but also because of his relationship to his relatives. He decides to help his family. He uses people's weaknesses, that's true, but he doesn't hurt anyone. It's just his way to get the required information. He knows what the best way between efficiency and speed is. However, he helps his family in illegal way which is not the best thing to do, and that's why I don't want to be like him, but I'd like to be intelligent like he is. Or even more.

Message questionable 7/17/08 rm