Library

Harry Potter

by Dennis from Singapore

Almost everybody knows Harry Potter, a very interesting and famous story which changed the author's life, J.K. Rowling, from poor widow to a very famous and rich author.

Harry James Potter was born in July. His parents, James and Lily Potter, were killed by a very evil wizard, Lord Voldemort, or You-Know-Who, a few days after Harry was born. Then Harry lived with his mother's sister's family for 11 years. He lived with Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, and his cousin, Dudley Dursley. At Harry's 11th birhday, some giant whose name is Hagrid, told Harry that he is a wizard. Then the story begins!

Harry will spend 7 years in Hogwarts School of Witchery and Wizardry to learn many things about magic. He also play Quidditch, a famous sport game for wizard. Quidditch use 3 kinds of balls and 7 players. Harry also joined one from 4 available houses in Hogwarts, he is join Gryffindor house. He also found his best friends, Ron Weasley, a wizard born who all his family's members have red hair, and Hermionie Ganger, a muggle (wizard's call for normal human).

In his first year, Harry fought with his teacher, prof. Quirell, to protect the socerer's stone. And in his second year, he fought with balistic and Tom Riddle's diary, he also rescued Ron's sister, Ginny Weasley. In his third year, he met his godfather, an Azkaban's prisoner (jail for wizard) which also his father's friend, Sirius Black, who animagus (can be animal) and give he a fantastic broomstick, Firebolt. He also met his father's friend who become his teacher, Remus Lupin. Prof. Lupin also a warewolf. In his third year he also fought with Azkaban's guards, Dementor. Harry's fourth year, he participated in triwizard tournament. For that, he must fight with Black Dragon, Kappas in pond, and Spinx in maze. He also saw how Voldemort got his body again. In this year too, he falls in love with a girl named Cho Chang. In his fifth year, he met Order of Phoenix, a order which fought with Voldemort and his dead-eaters (a group which support Voldemort). He also saw how his godfather dead. He also met with Dolores Umbrige, High Insiquitor in Hogwarts.

For me, Harry Potter is a hero because he has taught me to be brave, strong, and confident to do something right and good. Even though it has bad things, he will always be my hero forever!

Harry Potter Official Web Site - For more information, you can go to this Web site.