Queen Elizabeth I

by Maggie from Cheyenne, Wyo.

""I know I have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a king, and of a king of England too." — Queen Elizabeth I
Queen Elizabeth I
Queen Elizabeth I

Do you know who Bloody Mary’s sister was? It was Queen Elizabeth I, 1533-1603. Queen Elizabeth I was a strong woman. That is why she is my hero.

Queen Elizabeth I was born on Sept. 7, 1533. Her father was King Henry VIII. Her mother was Anne Boleyn. Her sister was Mary, Queen of Scots, also known as Bloody Mary. Elizabeth became queen in 1558.

She had many struggles in her life. One was with her father King Henry VIII, who was always suffering from mood swings. He beheaded her mother, Anne Boleyn, and made Elizabeth a peasant. Her other struggle was with her sister Bloody Mary, who locked Elizabeth in a tower for two months.

Queen Elizabeth I had some import traits. She said she would treat you as she would treat herself. She was also a very strong and intelligent woman. Queen Elizabeth was also caring, helpful and fair, as well as very powerful. She almost ruled half of the world. England was a very rich country because of Queen Elizabeth I. The people liked and respected her. She was trustworthy to her people.

That is why Queen Elizabeth I is my hero. In the future, I plan to be somewhat like her. Queen Elizabeth died on March 24, 1603, and March 24 is also my birthday.

The life and times of - Queen Elizabeth I
Myths - about Queen Elizabeth
The official website - of the British monarchy

Britannia. Elizabeth I. [Online] Available http://www.britannia.com/history monarchs/mon45htm, September 20, 2005.

Sabin, Francene. Young Queen Elizabeth. United states of America: Troll Associates, 1990.

Trisa. Women hero Queen Elizabeth. [Online] Available http:// www.myhero.com/myhero/herprint.asp?hero=Queen-yorton-ul, September 15, 2005.