Rachel Smiles:The Spiritual Legacy of Columbine Martyr Rachel Scott

By Darrell Scott, Steve Rabey

Publisher: Thomas Nelson, August 2002
ISBN: 0785264728
MY HERO recommends this book to young adult readers.
Synopsis
When Rachel Scott's life was tragically cut short in the Columbine High School shooting, she left behind a group of grieving friends and family. But as stories of Rachel's faith and courage have surfaced, her legacy has grown to include hundreds of people who have been stirred by her example and are now impacting their world for God's kingdom.

In this moving book, readers will cherish the encouraging stories of those who are still passing on Rachel's spiritual legacy. Her father, Darrell Scott, shares his own reflections, which are deeply personal and poignant. Never-before-published writings and drawings from Rachel's journal are also included, along with photos of Rachel and her family and the people whose stories are featured.

User Reviews:
sarah jennngs | 12/7/2010 7:46 AM
may she rest in peace.god had a plan for her,and now we know what it is.she has fufiled her promise too.
brooke | 12/7/2010 7:40 AM
today at my school we watched the Rachel Scott video that they presented and I actually cried beacause she delt with everything and always tried to look of the good in people and how she stuck up for the kids who were new, put down, and disabled it moved me and thats the kind of person i want to be. Rachel you are a hero in my book and always will be you have made history and all across the globe you are saving lives, you have saved mine.
Rachel Bailey | 12/7/2010 2:15 AM
Hey, well all I have to say is that it is a real tragedy what happened to Rachel Scott and that she was only in High School, but I think we are lucky that we have at least on of her ideas about a good life/world. And I know that i will be in this website again to research.
Briana | 9/26/2007 5:57 AM
people came to my school to talk to us about the Columbine shooting and Rachels life. it inspired me to set goals in my life and learn that i can acheive them. i beleive that Rachel was a very special girl. i didnt know her but what i do know is that she was a much loved girl who didnt deserve to die but i beleive that she wouldnt want her death any other way. since her death she has touched many peoples lives and helped a lot of people including me. i give thanks to her parents for bringing such a wonderful girl into the world

Rachel Scott will always be in my heart
Travis | 5/22/2007 3:13 PM
Rachel i miss you i wish i could have met you your story has touched me deeply.
alyssa littles | 1/30/2007 11:38 AM
my middle school had rachels sister come and tell us the story and it was very touching.i've become to be more generous. THANKS RACHEL.
Tessa | 10/8/2006 10:24 AM
Hey I Am Tessa And I Was Crying When I Read your Poem To the Congress I Was Really Touched I Just Lost My Cousin She Was Shot In The Amish shooting I Am Really Sad And I Wanted to See If It Was Like What Rachel Been Through
stephanie frazier | 7/8/2004 5:05 AM
this book changed my life. ever since i read this book i have done many things to spread rachel's legacy. i have been truly touched by rachel's story  and i think it is an amazing story of compassion, kindness, love,and caring for one another. this book is also written by rachel's father, darrell scott, who has other books also that he wrote about rachel: Rachel's Tears and Chain Reaction.

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews