Righteous Conversations Project

Creating powerful messages of peace and tolerance in the community with teens and survivors of the Holocaust.

MY HERO is pleased to honor Righteous Conversations Director Samara Huttman and Cheri Caulke for their outstanding leadership in teaching youth to open their eyes, interact with senior to create a powerful message of peace and resilience.

Righteous Conversations Media Award

Films from the 2020 MY HERO International Film Festival 

Inseparable: The Story of Elly and Lya

Gabriela Barrett, Alexander McDaniel, Idalis McZeal, Noa Nelson, Grace Sandman, ...
Dutch sisters, born on the same day but years apart, are separated by the Holocaust and raised in hiding by two very different families.

I Am A Traister: The Sarah Moskovitz Story

Produced by:Cheri Gaulke, Samara Hutman
I Am A Traister: The Sarah Moskovitz Story is an animated film made by teens that tells the story of an unsung hero now in her 90s.

Stitching a Life: The Story of Trudie Strobel

Produced by:Carter Beardmore, Michael Zambrano, Lauren Rothman, Cheri Gaulke, Sa...
Based on the life and art of Holocaust survivor Trudie Strobel. A production of the Righteous Conversations Project.

Trudie's Goose

C. Lily Ericsson, Cheri Gaulke, Samara Hutman and Liran Kapel
When a young girl preparing for her Bat Mitzvah befriends a Holocaust survivor elder, both lives are changed forever as they journey from darkness to healing through the power of art.

Other Films

Seeds of Partnership: The Sardari & Morady Story

Produced by:C. Lily Ericsson
Muslim and Jewish teens come together to animate the story of two men, Abdol Hossein Sardari and Ibrahim Morady, a Muslim and a Jew in Paris during the Holocaust.

A Ship Called Lili: The Lillian Trilling Story

Produced by:Cheri Gaulke, Samara Hutman
Holocaust survivor and activist Lillian Trilling chronicles her experience of escaping the Warsaw Ghetto, surviving a #MeToo experience, and more.

We're Listening

Produced by:Will Brown Hernández
Teens reflect on the voices of our times, toxic language and remind us that they are not only listening, they are talking back and reclaiming their right to truth.

Hold the Sun in Your Hands: The Erika Jacoby Story

Righteous Conversations Project
Created by students from across Los Angeles with Holocaust Survivor Erika Jacoby and Filmmaker Mentor C. Lily Ericsson.

We’re Here to Listen

Donna Grunfeld, Erin Jeon, Leticya Kanku, Rene Servin, and Sasha Vogel
Being a teenager isn’t easy especially with all the judgemental voices in one’s head. A public service announcement about a very timely issue.

What Do You Reach For?

Muhammed Aly, Jordy Brown, Ayden Chi, Stephanie Cho, and Lindsay Wu
When the pressures of school, family, relationships, life get intense, we all have our ways of coping. A public service announcement about a very timely issue.

Homeless Teen PSA

Produced by:Righteous Conversations Project
40% of homeless teens identify as LGBTQ+. 50% have parents that don't care that they're gone. Let's take care of each other.

An American Girl

Produced by:Naja Butler, Samrina Vasani, and Sophia Villatoro
A day in the life of a typical American girl. This Public Service Announcement was produced by students in The Righteous Conversations Project.

Dieu Merci: The Story of Michele Rodri

Password: rcp This story of Michele Rodri was created with youth and Holocaust Survivors through the Righteous Conversations Project. Learn about this amazing holocaust survivor and her journey.

One in Thirty: The Story of Henry Oster

password: rcp Learn about this amazing Holocaust Survivor, Henry Oster.

Education Equity PSA

Zipcodes shouldn't determine educational opportunities.

Microaggression

Once the words jump over the teeth, there is no way it will ever come back.

Us and Us

A look at dehumanization through the eyes of a black teen and the history of genocides.

Tipping Scales: The Story of Lisa Jura

Produced by:The Righteous Conversations Project Students
Tipping Scales' follows the journey of a young woman on the Kindertransport from Vienna to London in 1938. This short film was created by students in the Righteous Conversations Project Digital Storytelling Workshop, Summer 2015.

The Righteous Conversations Project

The Lemonade Stand

Produced by:The Righteous Conversations Project
This PSA reminds us to be aware of our local drought and protect our environment. Created by students in the Righteous Conversations PSA Workshop, Summer 2015.

First Love

This PSA explores a teenager's first love. Created by students in the Righteous Conversations PSA Workshop, Summer 2015.

Take Notice

This PSA asks us to slow down and remember to take notice of those in our community looking for care. This PSA was created by 7th graders at IKAR in the Righteous Conversations Limudim PSA Workshop, Spring 2015.

Bench for All

This PSA addresses discrimination we all face, and the importance of accepting others. Created by students in the Righteous Conversations PSA Workshop, Summer 2015.

Off Record: Natalie Gold's Story

Produced by:The Righteous Conversations Students
Students in the Righteous Conversations Milken Workshop created this short piece surrounding the narrative of Survivor Natalie Gold, who was rescued by nuns during the Holocaust.

The Story of Three Rings: The Memoir of Dana Schwartz

Holocaust Survivor Dana Schwartz recounts her life in the Lvov Ghetto during the Holocaust in 'The Story of Three Rings', created by students in the Righteous Conversations Project Digital Storytelling Workshop, Summer 2015.

Righteous Conversations - Religious Tolerance

Produced by:Lily Zweig & Noa Schwartz / Mentor: Ruah Edelstein
A PSA by the Righteous Conversations project.

Share Our Stories - Curt

Produced by:Chance Hakimi, Yonah Yasmeh, Tiffany Farshi, Dr. Jim Lichti
Curt's story as a Holocaust survivor encourages the young generation to be strong and have hope.

Righteous Conversations

Organizer created on 4/20/2019 1:21:50 PM by Jeanne Meyers

Last edited 1/18/2022 1:43:56 PM by Laura Nietzer